Possible bug: comment in article when topic is archived

Hi,

We have archiving enabled.

We have an articles database where comments are set to be stored as a topic in a forum.

Today, a user was able to create a new comment in an old article, where its comment topic was archived. Because the topic is archived, the new comment isn't displayed, but it is stored in the database.

See:

https://www.clubedohardware.com.br/noticias/energia/microsol-lança-no-break-ps800-r46573/

https://www.clubedohardware.com.br/forums/topic/465934-microsol-lança-no-break-ps800/

The comment/post is displayed at the user's profile activity stream:

Could contain: File, Webpage, Text

The post is shown in the latest post section from the forums list:

Could contain: Page, Text

Also note that in the article (first link above), no comments are displayed, even though there is one old comment available (see second link above).

So I believe that there are two bugs here:

1. It shouldn't be allowed to add a comment to an article if its comment topic is archived

2. Comments made before the topic was archived should be displayed.

Thanks.

@Marc Stridgen Just a quick follow-up to this issue. I tried unarchiving the comment topic (Link #2) and the posts that were there are now gone (the original automated message and another comment), and only the new comment is was displayed:

Could contain: File, Webpage, Page, Text

Searching directly in the database, there were no other posts associated with topic_id 465934, either in the forums_posts and the archive_forums_posts tables.

mysql> SELECT archive_id FROM forums_archive_posts WHERE archive_topic_id='465934';
Empty set (0.00 sec)

mysql> SELECT pid FROM forums_posts WHERE topic_id='465934';
+---------+
| pid     |
+---------+
| 8652322 |
+---------+
1 row in set (0.00 sec)

(pid 8652322 is the new post)

AFAIK the old posts were deleted with the unarchiving process.

Note: I fixed this manually, but the comments are gone.

Thanks.

• 2 months later...