Has anything changed with the Reddit rich embeds?

Hi,

I noticed that when I open a page with a file comment that contains a Redit embed, it immediately loads the Redit page taking me away from the page of my community. I couldn’t see the comment as there is no way to stop it loading in the browser so I found it in the database:

<div class="ipsEmbeddedOther">
	<iframe allowfullscreen="" data-embedid="embed3293672328" data-embed-src="<___base_url___>/index.php?app=core&amp;module=system&amp;controller=embed&amp;url=https://www.reddit.com/r/betterCallSaul/comments/wcuv1h/hey_everyone_ive_scoured_the_internet_and_created/"></iframe>
</div>

Is the Redit rich-embed broken or has it changed in some way?

Thank you!

Edited by The Old Man

Thanks Jim, I actually just removed that code from comment on the file in the DB and the page is fine again.

So I put it back and the refreshed the page and it took me straight to Redit!

23 minutes ago, Jim M said:

Unfortunately, I cannot reproduce this with the link you posted. Would recommend disabling any third party applications/plugins and switching to an unmodified theme in case there is some change by those items.

I just tried it using default IPS theme and still does it. I only have Chatbox, Supergrid and Nathan’s Contact Us Form Anti-Spam installed but will try without them.

Browser: DuckDuckGo on iPad btw.

Edited by The Old Man

I just grabbed a random link on Redit and as soon as I pasted it in the text editor, it took me to Redit!

https://www.reddit.com/r/london/comments/16mtap6/spotted_on_thames_today_what_is_this/

Okay, I just tried that on here in the test forum and it did the same thing!

I think it’s the DuckDuckGo iPad browser, doesn’t seem to happen in my Safari app.

Edited by The Old Man

12 minutes ago, The Old Man said:

I think it’s the DuckDuckGo iPad browser, doesn’t seem to happen in my Safari app.

To confirm, this is not happening on Safari then? Please keep in mind, we only provide support for the default browser on the device, which for iPads is Safari.

Yes, I’ve double checked it looks like it’s just happening in the DuckDuckGo iPad app, so I will report it is a bug if it’s not already known. It seems if the page contains a Reddit embed as part of the content or if you post such a link in the CKEditor, it immediately loads Reddit.

I was just stuck in a loop because the editor was preserving my last typed post so I had to clear it from the editor at just the right moment to avoid being taken back to Reddit!

• The Old Man changed the title to Has anything changed with the Reddit rich embeds?