Removal of old URL.

Phil A

Hi is it possible that we could remove the old URL that's set for our license?

I've got our forum migrated successfully to 4.7 and I'd like to point to the forum from a new domain so that I can test it before we move to the cloud-hosted offering.

Thanks

Hi Jim

The current instance I am running is using the -TESTINSTALL suffixed license and won't let me change to the new one because the key is already in use and I don't have access to the DNS entry for the existing one.

Clearing the system caches didn't help.

Hi Mark

Just so I'm clear. How is the license validated? If the DNS entry for the domain that points to the host that is currently running the instance that is using our license is updated to no longer point at the host, will that then free up the license again?

4 minutes ago, Marc Stridgen said:

If you no longer have an accessible instance of that install, then it would no longer be an issue.  You should however be removing the software from that location entirely, or requesting this is done by the person who runs that server, as per your license agreement

Thank you Mark. I will see if I can get this sorted. If, for whatever reason I'm unable to update the DNS entry, what would be the next steps?