How can I search a hosted database?

Go to solution Solved by Miss_B,

I read that external database access is disabled for security.  

I cannot find any documentation on how to search with rest api.

I have a table (vendor) that has three columns - the id, date and tax - all are integers.   I have the two integers (date, tax) I want to search for.   How can I search this table and get back an array of ids that match the query?

Edited by MartinLawrence

You are indeed correct in that there is no access to the database on our cloud environment. You would need to create a plugin that returns that information if you need it. 

When you refer to a table 'vendor', is this something added from a 3rd party application somewhere? If so, you would be best to contact the author of that application

2 hours ago, Marc Stridgen said:

When you refer to a table 'vendor', is this something added from a 3rd party application somewhere? If so, you would be best to contact the author of that application

No, "vendor" is just my name for one of your custom tables.    Date and GST are integer columns.

It is something as simple as SELECT ID FROM VENDORS WHERE DATE=4 AND GST=2

Do I need to create a plug in for something so simple?   Is there a way to use /core/search to search custom tables like it does forums?  

14 minutes ago, Miss_B said:

You will need indeed a custom app for that. It's fairly easy to do. 

It's not just the code, it's learning an infrastructure I fear may change in the near future.     I don't want to have to write an application every time I want to search a database...  I'm using zapier and it takes care of almost everything I need.

Edited by MartinLawrence