Upgrading is Stuck

Go to solution Solved by Marc Stridgen,

I'll honest... I literally hate upgrading.

For as long as I can remember, since the monthly updates have begun, evey time I try and upgrade to the latest greatest, it is always a hassle. Not once has it gone smoothly. I generally get through the first two or three steps and then when the update is supposed to be applied, I usually get a screen telling me that it can't for whatever reason or it simply freezes. When this happens, I am generally able to back out of it and submit a second time and the install actually happens. I have expressed this problem to management previously and was told that it would be rectified.

Today was a new one. I get through the first few screens and it gets ready to install the update and I get a screen that says, "There are no applications available to upgrade." As I stated, I can usually back out to the previous screen and resubmit. Today, that is not letting me do so. I back out all the way to the home screen in the ACP and then go back to, Site Features > Applications and click, Update Available, and it brings me directly back to that screen, "There are no applications available to upgrade." If I click the "Exit Upgrader" button, it takes me to the default page of my site.

So I am stuck. I can't finish the upgrade. I guess I need some administrative help on the backend to once again finish the update for me.

This is a major reason why I hate monthly updates, they never go smoothly. It would be greatly appreciated if this problem that seems to persist, and has for years, could be fixed. And fixed once and for all. 

The screen:

Could contain: File, Webpage, Text

1 minute ago, Marc Stridgen said:

This one isnt you. We're aware of an issue at present, which we are looking into

I don't understand...

The others weren't me either. You expressed to me previously that you were aware of the issue and said it would be rectified. It obviously hasn't been.

Edited by My Sharona

Just now, My Sharona said:

I don't understand...

The others weren't me either. You expressed to me previously that you were aware of the issue and said it would be recitifed. It obviously hasn't been.

This is unrelated. The previous was timing as mentioned This is a different problem, and not in any way related to the issues you were previously having

29 minutes ago, Marc Stridgen said:

Please try again now

Marc,

It happened again... with a slight variation. I got the same page, "There are no applications available to upgrade." However, this time when I backed up to the ACP Home page and clicked the upgrade again, I then got the page that actually let me click to start the upgrade. 

And then another problem was encountered... At some point during the upgrade, the spam captcha interrupted it and wanted me to place a dot at the end of the route. Really?? During an upgrade? Anyhoo.. I did that and it went to a screen that updated various javascripts.

Could contain: Outdoors, Nature

The whole process seems to have taken longer than previous upgrades.

Again, I plead with you, please fix the reason why I have to back out and resubmit. It always causes unnecessary trepidation. I am very afraid to update my other site now...

Edited by My Sharona