Upgraded after migration to a new server

Go to solution Solved by Miss_B,

Hi guys,

I am experiencing an issue with an upgrade.  Stalled out on me with the following message:  We were unable to start a PHP session. You will need to contact your host to adjust your PHP configuration before you can continue. The error reported was: session_start(): Failed to read session data: files (path: /var/cpanel/php/sessions/ea-php71)

I get the issue regarding the path not being able to begin a .php session - but when I migrated servers I no longer use cPanel, but rather Interworx.  Will the IP software work on a non-cPanel server?

I'm stalled out and would appreciate any guidance you can provide.  I called my host and they suggested I try you guys (the developer).

As mentioned in the other topic:

Our software will work on any servers which meet the minimum requirements. The path provided in this topic is merely an example path because that's what the client provided. You will have your own path which needs to be corrected in your PHP settings.

If you're no longer running cPanel then you need to update the path to be correct for your server in your PHP settings on your server.

• Solution

It looks like an incorrect path issue. The path where session_start() attempts to write its data to is not correct. The session.save_path should be entered correctly at the php.ini.

You can use the tool below to check.

25 minutes ago, borangeatx said:

Will the IP software work on a non-cPanel server?

Yes, provided it meets the requirements.