Posting reminder

Giray

This would, I believe, make for an interesting app or core offering... the ability to remind ourselves to post in a given topic. I just had a member start a topic. It's a great topic and I want to answer, but I want to think about it for a couple of days first. I would love to be able to set a reminder for that specific thread, much like we do with an event. Another scenario might be a mention of Christmas in a thread at which point you want to remind yourself to come back and post in time for Christmas. Etc...

I would just do it forwards, as in: Remind me in... 6 hours, 2 days, or 6 weeks.

Feasible?

Others?

Edited by Giray

19 hours ago, opentype said:

I would just add it to my OS’ calendar app and I have reminders, device sync, notes, links and everything. Would work out of the box. No app required. 

Understood and somewhat obvious. But if we use that logic then there are several functionalities that need not be built-in. Allowing someone to remind them to post, within the system, contributes to engagement. I’m not saying it will increase it by 50%, but every little bit counts. I still think that this would be a useful addition.

19 hours ago, Giray said:

Perfect but rather than notified 'daily' IF it were possible, the ideal would be to set one's own reminder schedule. If I want to be reminded of something in six months for Christmas, being reminded daily might become obnoxious.

I see, yea in this case it makes sense