Bug: User with only ability to move files unable to see check boxes to move multiple files.

Go to solution Solved by Marc Stridgen,

Not sure if this has been reported or if this is working as designed or not...  

I don't use a "moderators" group. I give individual users various permissions to perform various tasks. MY goal is to give one of my users permissions to ONLY move files within my Files sections.  The user can move files one at a time, but they don't see how to select multiple files to move.

User is given ONLY option to Move content.  

9VWtufj.jpeg

This gives the user the option in file view for move the file:

na4ME68.png

However this does not give the user any boxes so they can select multiple files to move. 

cSkjotQ.png

If you give that user ALL permissions for the "Content" tab

5pS38B1.jpg

This does show the user the boxes to move multiple files. The Check boxes now appear.

zdAJYRt.png

Is there something else that I need to assign to the user to allow them the ability to move multiple files without giving theme all permissions (as they don't need it for this task). Or is this a bug?

12 minutes ago, Dazz said:

The user can move files one at a time, but they don't see how to select multiple files to move.

Sorry, didn't read this.

16 minutes ago, Dazz said:

If you give that user ALL permissions for the "Content" tab

16 minutes ago, Dazz said:

This does show the user the boxes to move multiple files. The Check boxes now appear.

I can confirm it too. It's a bug.

• 1 month later...
On 7/28/2023 at 9:17 AM, Marc Stridgen said:

Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention! I can confirm this should be further reviewed and I have logged an internal bug report for our development team to investigate and address as necessary, in a future maintenance release.

Any update on fix for this bug?

• 1 month later...