video upload on trial and other questions

Go to solution Solved by Jim M,

Hello experts

I am planning to build a small private community for our international club. The goal of the community is for me to provide learning videos up to 15 minutes long for the members. In addition, a cross-video exchange (forum) should be possible.

Now I started the test version and wanted to test the gallery component. Unfortunately, I can not upload videos there (file type restriction). Is it possible to adjust the file type restriction or is this not possible in the test version? I would like to test it because its a very important point for us, as the main activity is consuming videos.
In addition, the videos should really only be visible to members and structurable into folders, as well as linkable to the forum.

Do I understand correctly that translation files can only be downloaded once the purchase has been completed?

The website will be self hosted because its too expensive for us otherwise.

Thanks a lot

Edited by Lars Kessler

• LarsKa changed the title to video upload on trial and other questions
  • Solution

The software by default has video uploads disabled. You will need to enable them by editing your member groups and giving them this permission. It can by done by going to ACP -> Members -> Groups -> edit group -> Gallery -> Can upload movies?