ChatGPT / AI coming to Invisioncommunity+

Looking at my sites, it seems like spammers are already using it. I get more and more replies to old topics which somehow are on topic but still somehow make so little sense that I can’t believe a human registered to post it. 

I’m not afraid of AI and use it myself, but only like a brainstorming partner, where I judge which replies are actually useful and correct. I can’t imagine having AI (auto) reply/publish anything on my sites at the moment. And I think it would only dilute the value of a community. Because the AI answers will soon be available directly within search engines and other apps and services. I rather run the place where answers can be different and better than that. 

Edited by opentype

47 minutes ago, opentype said:

Looking at my sites, it seems like spammers are already using it. I get more and more replies to old topics which somehow are on topic but still somehow make so little sense that I can’t believe a human registered to post it. 

I’m not afraid of AI and use it myself, but only like a brainstorming partner, where I judge which replies are actually useful and correct. I can’t imagine having AI (auto) reply/publish anything on my sites at the moment. And I think it would only dilute the value of a community. Because the AI answers will soon be available directly within search engines and other apps and services. I rather run the place where answers can be different and better than that. 

100 percent this.  I’m still trying to fully wrap my head around the actual value it can bring.  I’m sure it’s there… just have to find it. I was thinking as a way of looking at trends or reviewing registrations, or running a FAQ, etc. Not replying to posts.

And absolutely agree on the spammers!  Typically bumping an old 2 year old post with a half wit reply, and then hours/days later, replying again (often quoting themselves) with links. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...