Unecessary message when a closed topic is archived

Hi,

We enabled archiving here and I noticed a behavior that you may want to address. When a topic is archived, the "state" row is kept in its original value (e.g. "open/closed"). When a closed topic is archived, then we end up having two messages saying that the topic is closed: one because it is archived and another becaise it is closed:

Could contain: Page, Text, Person, Face, Head

This is clearly redundant.

When the topic is set as "open", the second message doesn't show up.

I believe the row "state" is kept with its original value because if we ever need to restore the topic, it must be restored to with its original state.

Anyway, maybe it a matter of adding a logic it a template to supress the second message if the topic is archived, so we get rid of this additional message.

For instance: forums > front > topics > topic

Original:

{{if $topic->commentForm() || $topic->locked() || \IPS\Member::loggedIn()->restrict_post || \IPS\Member::loggedIn()->members_bitoptions['unacknowledged_warnings'] || !\IPS\Member::loggedIn()->checkPostsPerDay()}}

Change to:

{{if ($topic->commentForm() || $topic->locked() || \IPS\Member::loggedIn()->restrict_post || \IPS\Member::loggedIn()->members_bitoptions['unacknowledged_warnings'] || !\IPS\Member::loggedIn()->checkPostsPerDay()) && !$topic->isArchived()}}

This worked great here and I hope you can adjust this in a coming release.

Cheers! 🙂

• 1 month later...