PII requests - Notification settings for admins/moderators?

Arthmoor

Unless I'm missing it, there doesn't seem to be an option of any sort anywhere to have PII requests generate a notification to either the admins or the moderation staff.

At the very least there should be a way to set it so that something shows up on the notifications icon on the main page. Probably optionally email someone as well, though I'd personally leave that one off.

Ok, part of the problem is that there doesn't appear to be an actual link to bring you to this menu.

Second thing is those options are showing as enabled, with no way to toggle it.

Third, despite them showing as enabled, we've had requests that were filed that never triggered one.

So it looks like there maybe some sort of bug here.

Marc Stridgen
This post was recognized by Marc Stridgen!

Nathan Explosion was awarded the badge 'Helpful' and 5 points.

28 minutes ago, Arthmoor said:

Ok, part of the problem is that there doesn't appear to be an actual link to bring you to this menu.

Here it is

Could contain: File, Page, Text, Webpage

28 minutes ago, Arthmoor said:

Third, despite them showing as enabled, we've had requests that were filed that never triggered one.

The already enabled toggle is for notifications within the ACP - so is it understandable that they may have been missed if you were not aware that they were there? Just to be 100% sure - did you toggle the 'No' in the select to a 'Yes' so that you could determine if the email notification works?

If you are not getting notifications at all then it's best to get this looked into as a bug, as opposed to feedback (as the functionality is already there, but maybe not working) - but make sure.

Could contain: Page, Text

Edited by Nathan Explosion

Man, that's a pretty buried option if you ask me. It should be something more prominent, but I'm not a UI designer so I don't know what would be.

It would also be very helpful if the notification was made outside of the ACP, on the site front page as a notification on the world icon. I don't particularly want the notifications via email.

1 hour ago, Arthmoor said:

Man, that's a pretty buried option if you ask me. It should be something more prominent, but I'm not a UI designer so I don't know what would be.

It would also be very helpful if the notification was made outside of the ACP, on the site front page as a notification on the world icon. I don't particularly want the notifications via email.

If you have suggestions for improvement, they should be posted in the feedback forum. Otherwise it’s lost in a sea of support topics. 🙂