Feedback 4.7.11 (Cookies & GDPR)

Vakarian96

Since 4.7.11 there is this Cookie Consent tool which is not really good.

• The tool apparently only recognizes cookies that are included in the standard scope of the software, own possibly just as important cookies can be rejected and thus the site may no longer be properly usable.
  • The tool can not be deactivated and so it is made difficult to use your own Consent tool with more freedom.
  • Optional cookies can be enabled or disabled, but I cannot choose which of the optional cookies I want to have and which I do not want to have.

The idea behind this is ingenious, you can save costs for a third-party tool and do something for the privacy at the same time. However, the solution presented here is rather unusable to annoying.

You had said in this post (https://invisioncommunity.com/forums/topic/470548-gdpr-improvements/#comment-2915288) that an opt-in solution is being worked on. Why were the priorities here placed on requesting personal data, requests for account deletion, which has worked well so far via the contact form?

The cookie consent tool solves one problem, but the problem with external content remains. Will anything be done about this in the near future? Currently we do without any external integration, which is now counterproductive.

In general, it would be useful if some functions of the local software would work without external services, such as Twemoji or the IPS spam service (perhaps daily update of a database on the customer's server).

• 4 weeks later...

Would it also be possible that if you accept cookies are not redirected to the home page? This is not good if you have a page with news and everyone who wants to read it accepts cookies and then ends up somewhere else.

I would still appreciate it if you could turn this thing off.

23 minutes ago, Vakarian96 said:

Would it also be possible that if you accept cookies are not redirected to the home page? This is not good if you have a page with news and everyone who wants to read it accepts cookies and then ends up somewhere else.

I would still appreciate it if you could turn this thing off.

This was an issue that is fixed in 4.7.12. you also have to specifically enable the cookie consent system it is not enabled by default.