New Google consent management requirements for serving ads in the EEA and UK (for publishers)

Comply with Google's new requirement for all Adsense users to work with a certified CMP. 

According to Google’s announcement1, they will require all partners using their publisher products to use a Google certified CMP when serving ads to users in the EEA or the UK. This means that if you decide to not use one, you may not be able to serve ads from Google or other ad technology providers that are registered with the TCF. This could affect your ad revenue and performance. Therefore, it is advisable to comply with Google’s requirement and choose a Google certified CMP for your website.

You can find a Google certified CMP by checking the list of Google-certified CMPs that Google has published on its help center1. The list includes the name, ID, and platform of each certified CMP. You can also contact your existing CMP to see if they intend to be certified by Google. Some examples of Google certified CMPs are OneTrust2, Usercentrics34, and Cookiebot5.

Edited by TheWorldNewsMedia.org

I’m also interested in this; I’m not well-versed on CMPs and the complexities of adserving (if I was I probably wouldn’t be using AdSense in the first place!?), so whatever is the path of least resistance to remain compliant is best for me.

I plan to dig a little deeper into Google’s approved list later, but a quick sweep seems to suggest that there are options within AdSense that allow you to remain compliant without using a third-party CMP? Google Consent Management Solutions here: https://support.google.com/adsense/answer/10924669?sjid=306907628750831755-EU#zippy=%2Csite-message-testing-instructions-and-parameters

But I could be off-base here.

8 hours ago, Dreadknux said:

but a quick sweep seems to suggest that there are options within AdSense that allow you to remain compliant without using a third-party CMP? Google Consent Management Solutions here: https://support.google.com/adsense/answer/10924669?sjid=306907628750831755-EU#zippy=%2Csite-message-testing-instructions-and-parameters

I've been using these for awhile now....

7 hours ago, Dll said:

You're correct, you can simply use the built in options in AdSense or Google ad manager and you'll be compliant.

I also currently use their defaults and am/was compliant...

Then why the new announcement specifying "all"? 

"they will require all partners using their publisher products to use a Google certified CMP when serving ads to users in the EEA or the UK. "

So I guess the question to ask @Marc Stridgen and team in this topic is;

• does IPS' consent features meet Google's certified requirements for a CMP?
  • Are there any plans to make IPS' consent features Google-certified?
  • How can we integrate IPS Suite cookies information (the required/non-rejectable ones) into a single CMP form (i.e. using Google's own consent form built into Adsense)?

FWIW, I've been using IPS' built-in privacy + cookie settings for this purpose, but it doesn't seem like this would be satisfactory for Google/Adsense as there needs to be a specific consent checkbox for each vendor within the Adsense platform (and as far as I can see, there is no option to add these to IPS). So I'd likely have to have both the IPS Cookies/Privacy box at the bottom of the screen and Google's popup consent form for Ads in the middle of the screen. 😤

There is a /cookies/ page on IPS Suite, which outlines the cookies needed to run for functionality. But there's also a checkbox for "optional cookies" and I'm not entirely sure what that activates/deactivates.

Similarly, I have a /privacy/ page which has the following at the bottom of the page:

Third Parties

Google Analytics
Google Analytics is a web analysis service provided by Google Inc. (“Google”). Google utilizes the Data collected to track and examine the use of this website, to prepare reports on its activities and share them with other Google services.
Spam Defense
The IPS Spam Defense Service passes the email address and IP address of the registering member to the service to determine the likelihood a registering account is a spam source.
reCAPTCHA V2
This site uses a CAPTCHA to ensure humans are performing certain actions. The CAPTCHA provider may set a session cookie and get information about your internet browser and device accessing this website.

If this is capturing data, does it make more sense to include these in the /cookies/ page instead so it is all in one location for the end user, and if they uncheck 'optional cookies' they can opt out of the third party tracking/data capture mentioned in the quote box above?

Long story short, I'm new to all of this and I don't want to have to present three or four different consent boxes to my users in order to cover all of my bases as that offers an extremely crummy UX.