Stop adding Mod/Admin IP to user's history

HeavyWolfPL

Whenever you modify a user's account in ACP, it is displayed in his/her "Recent Activity" and IP activity. As I often deal with leakers / spammers / alt accounts, checking user IPs is something I do very often. It is annoying, when I see my and other staff's addresses in user activity, whenever I want to check something. What's even more annoying, these IP addresses also appear in the Ban IP Addresses section.

My suggestion is to disable staff addresses from appearing in the user's activity and Ban IP addresses section. I appreciate it shows the actions staff has done on specific user's account, but having them listed the same way as user's "real" IP addresses isn't helpful.

I'm not sure what we would change here. In recent activity it states who actioned an item and their IP. That is correct behaviour. 

Could you please let me know what you mean by them appearing in the ban IP section? This sounds like it may well simply be a bug

On 5/16/2023 at 2:59 AM, Marc Stridgen said:

I'm not sure what we would change here. In recent activity it states who actioned an item and their IP. That is correct behaviour. 

Could you please let me know what you mean by them appearing in the ban IP section? This sounds like it may well simply be a bug

I’m not the original poster however, I believe the user is asking for staff to have an option to go incognito when viewing user profiles as it shows them “investigating” a user. 

1 hour ago, Agent Shark said:

I’m not the original poster however, I believe the user is asking for staff to have an option to go incognito when viewing user profiles as it shows them “investigating” a user. 

Simply viewing a profile does not record the IP address. Only performing an action does.

On 5/16/2023 at 8:59 AM, Marc Stridgen said:

Sorry, I haven't thought about giving a better example. What I mean is that some actions that you do on a user, make your IP appear in his Devices & IP Addresses tab. Here's an example, I've performed some actions on user's account, so my IP appeared as one of "his" IP addresses.

Could contain: Page, Text, Computer Hardware, Electronics, Hardware

image.png.97e79018e24924c5cb1561cb942de704.png

I have a simple app that just searches for any connections between users, including devices and IPs. Previously I was getting false positives, as some of my staff was flagged, due to their IP being connected to these users. I now have a simple whitelist for them, but still why does it happen?

• 4 weeks later...