Notifications not working

Notifications are not sending since upgrading to PHP 8.x and the latest forum software.

If I click on run manually they are updating incredibly slowly. Like 0.01% 0.02% etc at a time.

Cron is set up correctly and working on the server apparently. Any idea what may be causing this notifications to not send, and any idea how to fix?

Many thanks in advance.

Thanks @Daniel F!

Server is on PHP 8.2

Cron I think was set on 8.0, this has been changed to 8.2 and I think/hope that it is working now. Still seems incredibly slow, but I guess will be able to see if it is working correctly once this massive queue has been processed and then see if it quickly processes new tasks or not.

Are you seeing a bunch of notifications in queue in your AdminCP? Is it for something in particular that has thousands of notifications to send?

Cron will take longer to push through these tasks versus using the default method to process them on page requests by regular viewers, assuming your site gets more than one page request a minute at least.

5 minutes ago, ekforum said:

Cron I think was set on 8.0, this has been changed to 8.2 and I think/hope that it is working now. Still seems incredibly slow, but I guess will be able to see if it is working correctly once this massive queue has been processed and then see if it quickly processes new tasks or not.

FYI...  IPB does not officially support 8.2 yet.  Only 8.0 and 8.1. 

Folks have reported that 8.2 seems to work, but it's not been fully through all of the paces yet.  

1 hour ago, Makoto said:

Are you seeing a bunch of notifications in queue in your AdminCP? Is it for something in particular that has thousands of notifications to send?

There is a large queue for: Adding country flag to existing members without countries. All of the other notifications that are queued are all different topics, and just usually topic notifications. Wouldn't expect it to be taking this long.

I will keep trying to run manually but:

Every time I run manually it then logs me out after a very small amount of time, even though no change of IP address. 

Could contain: Page, Text

And when I logon from the same computer, same IP address:

Could contain: Page, Text, File

6 minutes ago, Daniel F said:

Sounds like an issue with the country flag 3rd party app.

Not sure, disabled that application. And still the notifications are processing so slowly, and still getting that logout error above. 

12 minutes ago, ekforum said:

There is a large queue for: Adding country flag to existing members without countries. All of the other notifications that are queued are all different topics, and just usually topic notifications. Wouldn't expect it to be taking this long.

Do yo have any errors when trying to run it manually? Are you using the latest version (released today)?

4 minutes ago, Adriano Faria said:

Do yo have any errors when trying to run it manually? Are you using the latest version (released today)?

Yes, updated to the latest version of that today which was released 3 hours ago.

Even after disabling your application the usual core notifications of invision are not loading at an expected speed. If I try to run manually it works for a short time (a min or two, time varies) and then logs me out with the error in screenshot above. No other errors that relate to it that I can see in error/system logs.

Even if I do nothing it seems to be randomly logging me out now. A huge list of issues since upgrading the PHP

45 minutes ago, Makoto said:

Are you using a proxy service such as CloudFlare, and if so have you configured IPS to trust the IP address sent over by the proxy?

Thank you for the suggestion. Not using CloudFlare. I can't see that setting within my community, is it related to only if there is CloudFlare enabled?

Not on a VPN connection right now, so should be OK. 

22 minutes ago, Randy Calvert said:

Just my own personal observation...  I've noticed at home my ISP (Verizon Fios) is using IPV6 now and preferring it over IPV4.  I've noticed my IPV6 address has changed MUCH more frequently....  several times in a day at times.  

Thank you @Randy Calvert, I had assumed the warning was some sort of error. I have now switched a VPN on, so stable IP address, and touch wood it seems to be processing the queue manually and hasn't logged me off.