Page: Publish Field's Publish Date Enabled Missing?

Go to solution Solved by Marc Stridgen,

I swear I am not going crazy here, but I have Publish Date enabled with permissions for my admin group to see and do everything.  I have the mod permissions enabled for "Can set a future publishing date".  I have been using the field for years. 

But now it is missing from my sites and I can not seem to get it back all of a sudden.  I tried the default theme to ensure it was not a theme issue, but it is missing from the default as well.

Could contain: Page, Text, File

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/20/2023 at 6:44 AM, Marc Stridgen said:

If you have your database set to post to forums, you will not see the field at present. We are looking to resolve that, however it had to be disabled on the last release, as it was causing a lot of issues elsewhere in the platform

Being told about that removal in advance would have been appreciated. I would have just skipped the latest update until it was resolved. The removal of the functionality if using forums for comments is not mentioned in the release notes.

3 minutes ago, CheersnGears said:

Being told about that removal in advance would have been appreciated. I would have just skipped the latest update until it was resolved. The removal of the functionality if using forums for comments is not mentioned in the release notes.

This is something that will be resolved in a future release

1 minute ago, Marc Stridgen said:

This is something that will be resolved in a future release

I understand. I see that in the Beta release notes.  I am asking that IPS puts the details of such a removal of functionality in the release notes in the future, even if it is a temporary situation like this.

15 minutes ago, CheersnGears said:

I understand. I see that in the Beta release notes.  I am asking that IPS puts the details of such a removal of functionality in the release notes in the future, even if it is a temporary situation like this.

I will pass on your concerns. Thank you for your feedback