Square Pay Setup

Various community articles (such as this one) seem to suggest that the Square Pay platform is supported by the IPS Commerce app, and say that you add new payment method, and select "Square Up Payment Gateway", but that option does not appear in my "Payment Methods" screen. Is this just another example of the IPS Help articles being woefully out of date, or...what? Can someone please point me to the correct instructions for integrating Square Pay?

Edited by Mote Marketing, Inc.

Stuart, although I certainly appreciate the response, talk about stating the obvious! ALL payment gateways are "third-party" developers! IPS does not own any payment gateways. However, several IPS help articles (such as this one) unequivocally state that the Square payment gateway was added to the list of IPS-supported gateways. This IPS article unequivocally gives (characteristically incomplete, vague and therefore useless) "instructions" for integrating Square as a payment method. As you can plainly see, it says to install the payment gateway, but (as usual) gives no guidance on how to do that! We have already created the Square application, and now simply need to install it in the IPS ACP. So, with all respect, what are you talking about? I'm not making this up out of thin air...I'm relying on IPS-created tech articles, for Pete's sake.

5 minutes ago, Mote Marketing, Inc. said:

However, several IPS help articles (such as this one) unequivocally state that the Square payment gateway was added to the list of IPS-supported gateways.

That article is not a help article.  It's a link to the 3rd party developer (not IPS) that is selling an extra integration outside of the default ones provided by IPS.  

Could contain: Page, Text, Person

Kirill is one of several 3rd party developers who build additional solutions on top of what is possible in the "out of the box" software application.  And as you can see in that same link, there is a cost for that gateway.  

Also...  the first link you provided:

https://invisiondevs.com/docs/commerce/gateways/squareup-payment-gateway-r2/

That is not an IPS site.  It's Kirrill's website.  So you're again linking to him instead of something owned by IPS.  

Support for that resource would be provided by @Kirill Gromov (who is awesome by the way).  In fact, I've actually purchased that gateway myself.  It's a fantastic resource and I highly recommend it.  The only thing it does not support is subscriptions as the API needed to support it is not completely in place yet on the Square side.  But for one-time purchases, it does its job flawlessly.  

IPS itself does not offer or support 3rd party resources.  You would work with whomever is offering that resource for service/support.  

Edited by Randy Calvert

Stuart, although I certainly appreciate the response, talk about stating the obvious! ALL payment gateways are "third-party" developers! IPS does not own any payment gateways. However, several IPS help articles (such as this one) unequivocally state that the Square payment gateway was added to the list of IPS-supported gateways. This IPS article unequivocally gives (characteristically incomplete, vague and therefore useless) "instructions" for integrating Square as a payment method. As you can plainly see, it says to install the payment gateway, but (as usual) gives no guidance on how to do that! We have already created the Square application, and now simply need to install it in the IPS ACP. So, with all respect, what are you talking about? I'm not making this up out of thin air...I'm relying on IPS-created tech articles, for Pete's sake.

You guys, I apologize. You are absolutely right. Please disregard everything after I opened my yawning cakehole.