Setting the forum login to email only lock me out

Go to solution Solved by Jim M,

The recovery mode will not unlock your account, I'm afraid. It is designed to recover from broken third party add-ons.

Do you have a timeout present which it is stating your account will unlock? If so and are running background tasks via traffic, you will need to view the front-end of your community and allow the system to process these for the lockout time. Otherwise, if you are running CRON, you will simply need to wait the lockout time.

Of course, if you have another administrator who can log in and unlock your account, this would be faster.

Hi Jim,

Yes, that what I thought about the recovery mode, still regarding time for unlock was 15 mints, but that still not working, waiting for the time, tried, it lock me out again.

BTW, the the problem as I see it after I setup the general login to only email address, I will ask another admin to unlock my account, but I hope he do not lock out as me as well.

Regards

3 minutes ago, abobader said:

Yes, that what I thought about the recovery mode, still regarding time for unlock was 15 mints, but that still not working, waiting for the time, tried, it lock me out again.

If the timeout is not going down, you likely are running background tasks as traffic and need to view the frontend consistently to get it going. 

Ok, I manage to login to admincp and the forum, but as I see, still notify that display name still allowed, as well the login page do still say you either need display name or email address to login, so it maybe some problem with this.

I am running the latest 4.7.5 build.

Hi @Jim M If it possible to login to my admincp and see if what the issue are? Thanks.

The login info at my client area.

4 minutes ago, abobader said:

Ok, I manage to login to admincp and the forum, but as I see, still notify that display name still allowed, as well the login page do still say you either need display name or email address to login, so it maybe some problem with this.

I am running the latest 4.7.5 build.

Please ensure that all login handlers in ACP -> System -> Login & Registration -> Methods, are using the same setting for Email Address Or Display Name. 

5 minutes ago, abobader said:

Hi @Jim M If it possible to login to my admincp and see if what the issue are? Thanks.

The login info at my client area.

I'm afraid, these credentials are not valid. 

Jim, it all correct, just in case, I change the password and update the info at the client area, also I am sending you the info by PM.

@Jim M

I think, what happends to you same thing what happens to me, if the settings for login to only email address, that what happens, and it by itself will let login in, that the problem, I am considering now to enable back display name for login as well.

• Solution
28 minutes ago, Jim M said:

Please ensure that all login handlers in ACP -> System -> Login & Registration -> Methods, are using the same setting for Email Address Or Display Name. 

This turned out being the issue. You had the Standard and Converter Login Handler set to 2 different values.