Pages date formatting lost since last update

Go to solution Solved by Speacy,

1 minute ago, Marc Stridgen said:

Which dates is it you are looking at these? I ask as Im seeing a date on there in yellow, which I believe may be the ones you are referring to? These are indeed showing dd/mm/yyyyy on this end

They're not, @Marc Stridgen:

Could contain: Text

Since these are new posts, you should be reading them as November 6 rather than than June 11. I instinctively just made the same mistake!

Β 

1 hour ago, Marc Stridgen said:

Which dates is it you are looking at these? I ask as Im seeing a date on there in yellow, which I believe may be the ones you are referring to? These are indeed showing dd/mm/yyyyy on this end

Ignore the above, that was incorrect.

Could I ask, have you tested this on a new language pack and translated there?

I tried, but its seems last french language pack is outdated ( ipb 4.5), i also tried to find the relevant field in english US native language pack to manually format but even with "_date" key i didnt find it

• 2 months later...

@falaΒ @Marc Stridgen

I had the same problem here! Glad I found this thread and it made the solution easier. πŸ‘

Some observations:
- The date was wrong on every platform. Not only from the Pages module
- I installed the locale pt_BR.UTF-8 and it worked perfectly with the date in DD/MM/YYYY format
- I believe that the date format in the IPS did not depend on some server configuration. I have Wordpress and Prestashop on the same server and it was not affected by the lack of the pt_BR.UTF-8 locale

My forum works in English, Spanish and Portuguese. But when I change the language from Portuguese to English the date remains in the DD/MM/YYYY format. Is this behavior expected?

I believe that the date format would have to follow the language in use.
Β