Need more payment methods

Mike Gholson

Hi all,

I've been noticing that we are in need of additional credit card processing options.  The current limitation of services isn't enough anymore.  I believe the built-in processors are Paypal, Stripe, Braintree, and 2Checkout.  Both Braintree and 2Checkout are limited for use with subscriptions.  Currently using Paypal but some people are asking for another alternative (besides manual checks).  Some of the good alternatives are:

• Helcim
  • Coign
  • Quickbooks
  • Square

Does the team have any intent on adding support for these or other options?  I'm a small business and need something with a low or zero monthly fee.  Thank you!

Mike

Edited by Mike Gholson

I am also curious to know the needs behind the additional credit card processing options you speak of. Are they requests coming through from your members? Are there certain members with restrictions to using specific payment gateways over others?

Just trying to help comb out the necessity in having some of the alternatives you have mentioned added.

On 10/26/2022 at 1:55 AM, Gary said:

I am also curious to know the needs behind the additional credit card processing options you speak of. Are they requests coming through from your members? Are there certain members with restrictions to using specific payment gateways over others?

Just trying to help comb out the necessity in having some of the alternatives you have mentioned added.

It's sort of an interesting situation.  I have members who do not like Paypal at all and have decided to cancel their membership until I find another solution -- I've lost 15-20 paying subscribers just because they hate Paypal as a company.

I did recently sign up for Stripe and tried the direct credit card method.  It works great actually and is contained within IBP.  When I posted this message, I assumed that all transactions were going to link my customers to the Stripe website (similar to Paypal).  However, this does not happen and Stripe is invisible within the process.

I also tried signing up for 2Checkout but their account setup is crap.  Stripe was much easier and appears to be working fine.  If you were to look at another method, I would encourage you to figure out how to implement some of the ones I listed above.  This will give business owners some flexibility.  Even if we could pay for an integration directly to our own bank credit card processing services, it would give the site owner some alternatives.

Thanks for listening to the idea..

Mike

37 minutes ago, Mike Gholson said:

Even if we could pay for an integration directly to our own bank credit card processing services, it would give the site owner some alternatives.

There are a number of third party resource providers that have created other payment gateways.  You can find them in the IPS Marketplace here:

https://invisioncommunity.com/files/category/172-commerce/?filter=4.7

@Kirill Gromov appears to have created several different ones, so you might reach out to him if there is a specific gateway you might like to hire him to create for you.  

He's one of many third party developers who create resources for the IPB platform...  you can find more developers at:

https://invisioncommunity.com/third-party/providers/

Edited by Randy Calvert

Thanks for elaborating, @Mike Gholson. As with all feature suggestions, the more detailed you can be the more we will pay attention to it to try and work out suitable alternatives or avenues moving forward. We always want the best for our clients so don't think that your suggestion is simply read and forgotten (that goes for everyone else posting their suggestions too, by the way).

In saying that, the devs are definitely aware of this so hopefully in the future it may be something that is implemented. Obviously I cannot say when or how soon that will happen, but I believe using Stripe in the interim should give your members/subscribers a way to continue doing business on your community. All the best with it!