When a member reports content, can they be notified about answers and report status?

David N.

Does your plugin provide capability in this scenario:  (version 4.7.2.1)

1. Alice posts.
  2. Bob reports it (bad post Alice)
  3. Moderator Charlie is aware of the Report and moves the disposition to some state -- In work, or whatever the enumeration is.
  4. Bob is notified of the event that Moderator Charlie is working the issue?  
  5. Moderator Charlie works the issue and resolves it, moving the disposition of the report to "completed" or whatever the enumeration is.
  6. Bob is notified again by the system that this change of disposition has occurred.
  7. When Moderator Charlie closes (final state in the state tree of the Resolution), Bob is notified yet again that the issue is Closed/Finished/etc.. whatever.

In other words, when the Moderator Charlie does "work" on the issue and the disposition (state) is changed, Bob is notified of those events.

In other words, the Moderator doesn't have to literally manually notify Bob.   Mere changes to the state of the Report cause Bob to be notified?

Is that what your plugin provides -- or close to it?   Do you have PDF (or web) manual of your Plugin?

Thanks.

Just now, sibomots said:

Does your plugin provide capability in this scenario:  (version 4.7.2.1)

1. Alice posts.
  2. Bob reports it (bad post Alice)
  3. Moderator Charlie is aware of the Report and moves the disposition to some state -- In work, or whatever the enumeration is.
  4. Bob is notified of the event that Moderator Charlie is working the issue?  
  5. Moderator Charlie works the issue and resolves it, moving the disposition of the report to "completed" or whatever the enumeration is.
  6. Bob is notified again by the system that this change of disposition has occurred.
  7. When Moderator Charlie closes (final state in the state tree of the Resolution), Bob is notified yet again that the issue is Closed/Finished/etc.. whatever.

In other words, when the Moderator Charlie does "work" on the issue and the disposition (state) is changed, Bob is notified of those events.

In other words, the Moderator doesn't have to literally manually notify Bob.   Mere changes to the state of the Report cause Bob to be notified?

Is that what your plugin provides -- or close to it?   Do you have PDF (or web) manual of your Plugin?

Thanks.

That is exactly the functionality I am looking for. In my opinion this should be native and not a plug-in. There should also be a notification in the event a mod posts a comment on the report, for example: 

"Thank you Bob for your report. Indeed that posts from Alice looks suspicious, however I've checked and Alice isn't using a known spammer IP or a known spammer email, so I've reached out to Alice to ask for confirmation that she's a legit member."

What the plugin does is add a new box:

Could contain: Text, Page

So when a report comes in...  you can click on the "Message" button.

You'll see:

Could contain: Text, Page

You can have a message that says "Report is being reviewed", "Report is complete", or whatever messages you want.  If multiple people reported the message, you can choose each person or specific people.  

That message when you click send is sent.  

It does not happen automatically.  You choose if/when the message is sent.

The functionality you describe is not available in the software today and would be difficult to do via a plugin from what I've been told by a few different developers.  So you would want to make this request in the Feature Request forum.   

Edited by Randy Calvert