Nexus Payment Issue when on Localhost.

TDBF
Go to solution Solved by Richard Arch,

Hi Guys,

Not sure if I should log this as a bug or a feature request, however you can move it to the feature requests if you do not feel this is a bug/issue.

Long story short, I had an issue which required me to install a older backup of my live site on a localhost (No point in going into the reason why as that's not the issue).

Earlier today I received an email from one of my members stating that I had charged him twice today for a subscription. After checking his details, it then occurred to me that the invoices actually came from my backup site and payments went from bank accounts into Stripe. Lets just say this has caused me a massive headache.

My question to you guys , is there any way you could prevent invoices or payments from happening while on localhost in future? I would not want some other poor sod having to go through this in the future.

Kind Regards,

1 hour ago, Richard Arch said:

You need to change your payment options to their test/sandbox option or delete them.  Also worth a searching for NEXUS_TEST_GATEWAYS and EMAIL_DEBUG_PATH for more information.

Here is a start.

I appreciate your reply, I found this out afterwards after the damage had been done.

If the default behaviour was to sandbox the gateway and payments on localhost, this would have prevented this issue from happening.

6 minutes ago, TDBF said:

If the default behaviour was to sandbox the gateway and payments on localhost, this would have prevented this issue from happening.

People who host themselves (own server, etc. and there are a lot of them out there) generally use “localhost”. The constant is there for this matter, since early days of IPS4/Commerce, if I remember. You didn’t know. Probably best way was to ask before.

Edited by Adriano Faria

18 minutes ago, Adriano Faria said:

People who host themselves (own server, etc. and there are a lot of them out there) generally use “localhost”. The constant is there for this matter, since early days of IPS4/Commerce, if I remember. You didn’t know. Probably best way was to ask before.

With all due respect, I wasn't having a go at anyone so I'm not sure why the hostility was required?

I didn't know and I found out afterwards, when it was too late. When many of my members had been charged a subscription fees amounting in a lot of money being taken out of other people's accounts. This causes trust issues with people, and sometimes you cannot get that trust back.

I can live with emails being sent out, but when it comes to other peoples money, that is a different story.

All I was asking if the default behaviour could be changed, so that others might not have to go through the same when they don't know about these CONSTANTS.

Edited by TDBF