Replacing the badge with another (higher) one

DamonT

Currently it looks bad if we want to award ranks for e.g. a round number of posts, likes or years since registrating on the forum. If a user gets a badge for getting 100 likes then there should be an option to automatically hide it when the user gets another badge of the same type, e.g. for 1000 likes. It makes no sense to display these "smaller" badges in the profile.

• 1 month later...

I believe that this will appear, because in my case this is the main reason why I had to limit the number of badges - users were dissatisfied with them. In such a situation, it's hard to prepare badges for new and regular users, because new users should earn them fairly quickly for motivation, and it doesn't make sense that later a person with 10k posts has badges for writing the first, fifth and tenth post.

I love the idea and concept. Some badges need it, whereas I'd argue in some cases I would have them stay on their profile.

When you earn a badge like 100 likes, for me, that should stay on your profile showing you've finally earned that badge, and then you work upwards to earn the whole set.

When you have badges for things like subscriptions where they can move up a tier, this concept works really well.

If you're preparing new badges and want them to work in sync with all the rest, then I suggest the best way is to create a larger phase of badges and then rebuild the achievements database. Don't get me wrong, I really don't like the idea of clicking rebuild for the system to recalculate everything to re-award for the badges again, but it its the only way to do it properly. If you explain whats happening beforehand, members should understand.

I'm hoping they can create the job to recalculate for just new or selected rules soon as thats the way for this system to work correctly and more iteratively.