Clubs block update time

Hello,

I have the block "Clubs" in the home page of my website. I have found an issue (bug?) with that. These are the settings I have:

Could contain: Text, Page, Number, Symbol

And this is what I see:

Could contain: Text, Page, File

Everything correct here, but 9 minutes ago I have added a reply in the club "TEST 1", and the club "TEST 2" is still listed first. Clubs are sorted by latest activity, so TEST 1 should be ranked first. This will happen (according to my previous experience) in 30-40 minutes from the latest reply. I guess in a few minutes TEST 1 would finally get to the first position and TEST 2 to the second position, but it will be more than 30 minutes after the reply to a thread in that club. I would need this to happen in real time or maximum 1 minute after the latest reply. Is there any way I can do that?

Also, a suggestion: it would be nice if the "Sort by" options in the Clubs bloc would be the same of the Topic Feed block:

Could contain: Text, Page

"Recently Updated" here means the latest reply. "Latest activity" in the club means, I guess, latest reply (99% of the times), or a user who joined the club (1% of the times). Maybe something else is considered as "activity"? Maybe a reaction? Anyway, it would be great to have the option to sort clubs just like the "sort by: Recently Updated" works for the Topic Feed block.

Thank you!

I have made some tests and I see no consistency at all in the order the clubs are sorted. Sometimes the order changes immediately after a reply in a thread, sometimes it does not change at all, sometimes it changes after 30-40 minutes.

What it be possible to make this block similar to the Topic Feed block in the club sorting? Thanks!

12 minutes ago, teraßyte said:

The widget is not cached so it shouldn't happen. Are you viewing the page as a guest perhaps? It might be the guest output caching that's blocking you from seeing the change until the cache is refreshed.

No, I am logged in. It looks like there is no difference to logged and not logged users. The clubs will get in the correct position  around 30-40 minutes after the latest reply.

We would need to look further into this for you, however the access details on file appear to be incorrect or missing. Could you please update these details by visiting your client area, selecting the relevant purchase, then clicking "Review/Update Access Information" under the "Stored Access Information" section. 

We look forward to further assisting you. 

2 hours ago, Marc Stridgen said:

We would need to look further into this for you, however the access details on file appear to be incorrect or missing. Could you please update these details by visiting your client area, selecting the relevant purchase, then clicking "Review/Update Access Information" under the "Stored Access Information" section. 

We look forward to further assisting you. 

I have created a free trial environment so that there are no plugins installed, default theme, no customizations etc.

https://d322828.invisionservice.com/

Could contain: Page, Text

Club 3 latest reply: 11.38 CET

Club 2 latest reply: 11:41 CET

Club 1 latest reply: 11.39 CET

Settings:

Could contain: Text, File, Menu

Expected behaviour with the settings I have:

Club 2

Club 1

Club 3

But as you see, at 11:43 CET this is the situation:

Could contain: Text, Page

It might update in 30-40 minutes with the correct order, or it might remain like that. While doing tests I have experienced both these situations. Anyway, something is surely wrong here.

Can you replicate the issue as well? You can try adding more replies to the threads into the clubs of course.

Thanks!

Edited by Balto

5 minutes ago, Marc Stridgen said:

These would be subject to block cache, so that would not be surprising on a newly installed cloud setup. With your live one, I was looking to check what cache you had things set to

Thanks, I see. I have updated the information in my client area so you can now login in the AdminCP.

Maybe should I set this to Cron?

Could contain: Text, Page, Word, Document

Thanks!

Also, @Marc Stridgen I get this warning message when I select "Use cron":

When this setting is enabled you MUST ensure that the cron is set up properly. If this setting is turned on but no cron is set up it will cause significant damage to your site.

You should set the cron to run the following command every minute:
/opt/plesk/php/7.4/bin/php -d memory_limit=-1 -d max_execution_time=0 /var/www/vhosts/totallympics.com/httpdocs/applications/core/interface/task/task.php 032fc4e9ba9678ab3a74a4f49bc4ca5f

I read "/opt/plesk/php/7.4", and 7.4 is the current PHP version I am using. What will it happen if I will update to PHP 8.0?

I still have the 7.4 version because all the times I put PHP 8.0 version I have had problems (maybe related to this?).

Thanks!

1 minute ago, Marc Stridgen said:

The block cache time is for all blocks. This is in System>Settings>Advanced Configuration

This one, right?

Could contain: Text

What I don't get is, why with Task Method set to "Run Automatically with Traffic (Default)", the "Topic Feed" block update (correctly) every 1 minute, and the "My clubs" block update only every 30-40 minutes?

3 minutes ago, Marc Stridgen said:

If you update to 8, you would have to redo your cron accordingly.

So when I will update to 8, I will have to set: /opt/plesk/php/8.0/bin/php -d memory_limit=-1 -d max_execution_time=0 /var/www/vhosts/totallympics.com/httpdocs/applications/core/interface/task/task.php 032fc4e9ba9678ab3a74a4f49bc4ca5f

Correct?

5 minutes ago, Marc Stridgen said:

There is no way in which to amend the timing of tasks unfortunately. 

So is that the reason why the Topic Feed block update every 60 seconds and the Clubs block every 20 minutes? Actually is not even 20 minutes because sometimes I have seen updating the order after 35 minutes. And even if I run this task manually, the position does not change after I do it.

1 minute ago, Marc Stridgen said:

It will be yes. Bear in mind you have just set it up to run as cron. If they weren't running efficiently previously with traffic, they may well have simply been running late.

Thanks!

And I will soon try again to update my PHP version to 8.0, when I do that I will have to change: /opt/plesk/php/8.0/bin/php -d memory_limit=-1 -d max_execution_time=0 /var/www/vhosts/totallympics.com/httpdocs/applications/core/interface/task/task.php 032fc4e9ba9678ab3a74a4f49bc4ca5f

Or will this be automatic? Thanks!