Upgrade failed

Go to solution Solved by Stuart Silvester,

Could contain: Text, Page

Hello, I tried to upgrade my IPB with some recent patch and it errored out and my site is no longer accessible? When I go to the website it says that an upgrade is in progress, but when I login to the admin page, all I see is the attached screenshot. Can anyone help me roll this back?

From what version did you upgrade and what patch did you use?

The only way that I know of to roll back from an upgrade is to restore the backup that you made from before upgrading. 

If you did not make any backups of the database prior to the upgrade, you can restore the most recent one, but that means that all contents made from the time of that backup till now ill be lost.

2 minutes ago, Stuart Silvester said:

It looks like you might be going to a page in your browser history that skips this check. Go to your URL /admin/upgrade and make sure there is nothing in the URL (such as ?sessionCheck=1) after that.

Thanks! I am now able to try the update again. I'll post back later to see if it worked!

4 minutes ago, Miss_B said:

From what version did you upgrade and what patch did you use?

The only way that I know of to roll back from an upgrade is to restore the backup that you made from before upgrading. 

If you did not make any backups of the database prior to the upgrade, you can restore the most recent one, but that means that all contents made from the time of that backup till now ill be lost.

I honestly don't remember what I was at and what I'm upgrading to. I'm a novice so when I see that it says it needs an update I just click go ahead! I'll update back when I figure that out though!