Upgrade fail

Go to solution Solved by kstan,

I just changed the url of my community. Everything seemed to be working, including my admin area. Now I'm trying to upgrade to the latest version, but after a couple of steps I get this message:

This site can’t be reached

The webpage at https://***/?app=core&module=system&controller=upgrade might be temporarily down or it may have moved permanently to a new web address.
ERR_FAILED

I tried clearing the cache, but that doesn't seem to work either.

What to do?

PS, The community itself was also working, but now only shows an "upgrade in process" message.

This is giving me all sorts of new problems with my certificate, license key, posts not showing up from the last month, etc. It's a mess. I will have to contact my host to figure out the certificate issue before I can fix the upgrade problem, unless someone has a different suggestion?

20 minutes ago, ksa_merged said:

This is giving me all sorts of new problems with my certificate, license key, posts not showing up from the last month, etc. It's a mess. I will have to contact my host to figure out the certificate issue before I can fix the upgrade problem, unless someone has a different suggestion?

If you do not have a certificate (or it's expired) on the server and only use CloudFlare's and you disabled CloudFlare, you will indeed have that issue.

It's extremely weird what exactly is happening, but until I figure that out with my hosting company, is there any way I can abort the upgrade so that my visitors can access the forum again and don't get the "upgrade in process" message.

22 minutes ago, ksa_merged said:

It's extremely weird what exactly is happening, but until I figure that out with my hosting company, is there any way I can abort the upgrade so that my visitors can access the forum again and don't get the "upgrade in process" message.

You would need to complete the upgrade or restore files. I’m afraid, there is no other way.