Upgrade path from Invision 4.4.10 with older PHP and MySQL

Hi, quick Q for the experts :).  I am currently on Invision 4.4.10 (i know, old, etc... life and work have gotten in the way of upgrades the last 18 months during Covid).  We have a 20M post site so we want to be careful on upgrading.  We plan to upgrade on 4.7.1 (or .2) once any remnant bugs are fixed.  So maybe in a few weeks.

Currently we have the following config:

PHP: 7.3.33
MySQL: 5.7.38
Redis: 5.2.1

I'm not sure on PHP/MySQL version support between 4.4.10 and current.  Are there any suggestions on the upgrade order?  Ideally I would love to upgrade Invision the normal way with the above server config and then upgrade PHP/MySQL after that...  But somewhere I read the min version supported by Invision 4.7 was PHP 7.4... Is that true?

Thoughts appreciated!

PHP 7.4 is required so you will need to take that in consideration with your prep. 4.4.10 is the first release we started support for PHP 7.4 so you could upgrade PHP ahead of your upgrade. Then move on to PHP 8.0 or 8.1 as recommended once you're on Invision Community 4.7.x.

MySQL 5.7 is still compatible with Invision Community 4.7 and Redis as well.

3 minutes ago, Jim M said:

PHP 7.4 is required so you will need to take that in consideration with your prep. 4.4.10 is the first release we started support for PHP 7.4 so you could upgrade PHP ahead of your upgrade. Then move on to PHP 8.0 or 8.1 as recommended once you're on Invision Community 4.7.x.

MySQL 5.7 is still compatible with Invision Community 4.7 and Redis as well.

Awesome Jim.  Thanks!  Btw, I like the forums based support so far. My first official "ticket" :).  Seems quicker but maybe I just got lucky!

10 hours ago, Fast Lane! said:

Awesome Jim.  Thanks!  Btw, I like the forums based support so far. My first official "ticket" :).  Seems quicker but maybe I just got lucky!

Very glad to hear you like the new support method. We do indeed aim for support to be as quick as possible. 🙂