My feedback for version 4.7.0 Beta 8

ASIKOO
Go to solution Solved by ASIKOO,

Hello,

Before, some information :

• PHP Version 8.1.7
  • Database : MariaDB 10.5.15
  • Web Server : NGINX + Cloudflare (I'm aware that they are not officially supported)
  • IPS : 4.7.0 Beta 8
  • Test URL : https://test.metin2.dev
  • New install without applications / plugins / addons - 100% Vanilla

I wanted to report to you the problems detected during the vanilla use of the latest beta version (4.7.0 Beta 😎.
I recovered the errors recorded in the administration panel.

1.) The URL of page the error occurred on was https://test.metin2.dev/admin/

Error: Class "IPS\forums\modules\admin\forums\" not found (0)
#0 /home/web/tmp_ips/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(110): IPS\Dispatcher\_Admin->init()
#1 /home/web/tmp_ips/admin/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher::i()
#2 {main}
#0 /home/web/tmp_ips/init.php(1029): IPS\_Log::log()
#1 [internal function]: IPS\IPS::exceptionHandler()
#2 {main}

2.) The URL of page the error occurred on was https://test.metin2.dev/admin/upgrade/?sessionCheck=1

Error: Object of class IPS\Member could not be converted to string (0)
#0 /home/web/tmp_ips/system/Theme/Dev/Template.php(171): IPS\Theme\theme_global_core_setup_error()
#1 /home/web/tmp_ips/system/Output/Output.php(746): IPS\Theme\Dev\_Template->__call()
#2 /home/web/tmp_ips/applications/core/modules/setup/upgrade/login.php(52): IPS\_Output->error()
#3 /home/web/tmp_ips/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(118): IPS\core\modules\setup\upgrade\_login->manage()
#4 /home/web/tmp_ips/system/Dispatcher/Setup.php(220): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#5 /home/web/tmp_ips/admin/upgrade/index.php(34): IPS\Dispatcher\_Setup->run()
#6 {main}
#2 {main}

3.) The URL of page the error occurred on was https://test.metin2.dev/topic/1-welcome/

UPDATE `T_forums_topics` `forums_topics`  SET `commentPageCount`=1.0,`posts`=7 WHERE tid=1 
Unknown column 'commentPageCount' in 'field list'
#0 /home/web/tmp_ips/system/Db/Db.php(1159): IPS\_Db->preparedQuery()
#1 /home/web/tmp_ips/system/Patterns/ActiveRecord.php(520): IPS\_Db->update()
#2 /home/web/tmp_ips/applications/forums/sources/Topic/Topic.php(1553): IPS\Patterns\_ActiveRecord->save()
#3 /home/web/tmp_ips/system/Content/Comment.php(419): IPS\forums\_Topic->save()
#4 /home/web/tmp_ips/system/Content/Comment.php(289): IPS\Content\_Comment->postCreate()
#5 /home/web/tmp_ips/applications/forums/sources/Topic/Post.php(145): IPS\Content\_Comment::create()
#6 /home/web/tmp_ips/init.php(927) : eval()'d code(44): IPS\forums\Topic\_Post::create()
#7 /home/web/tmp_ips/system/Content/Item.php(4954): IPS\forums\Topic\cms_hook_Post::create()
#8 /home/web/tmp_ips/system/Content/Item.php(4642): IPS\Content\_Item->processCommentForm()
#9 /home/web/tmp_ips/uploads/template_1_7a734b11232065691bc1176040cb26ad_topics.php(5206): IPS\Content\_Item->commentForm()
#10 /home/web/tmp_ips/system/Theme/SandboxedTemplate.php(61): IPS\Theme\Cache\class_forums_front_topics->topic()
#11 /home/web/tmp_ips/applications/forums/modules/front/forums/topic.php(565): IPS\Theme\_SandboxedTemplate->__call()
#12 /home/web/tmp_ips/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(118): IPS\forums\modules\front\forums\_topic->manage()
#13 /home/web/tmp_ips/system/Content/Controller.php(50): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#14 /home/web/tmp_ips/applications/forums/modules/front/forums/topic.php(39): IPS\Content\_Controller->execute()
#15 /home/web/tmp_ips/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(153): IPS\forums\modules\front\forums\_topic->execute()
#16 /home/web/tmp_ips/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#17 {main}

4.) The URL of page the error occurred on was https://test.metin2.dev/robots.txt

#0 /home/web/tmp_ips/system/Member/Member.php(780): IPS\Patterns\_ActiveRecord::load()
#1 /home/web/tmp_ips/system/Patterns/ActiveRecord.php(335): IPS\_Member->get_group()
#2 /home/web/tmp_ips/system/Member/Member.php(2011): IPS\Patterns\_ActiveRecord->__get()
#3 /home/web/tmp_ips/applications/core/sources/Announcements/Announcement.php(132): IPS\_Member->isBanned()
#4 /home/web/tmp_ips/system/Theme/Theme.php(880) : eval()'d code(287): IPS\core\Announcements\_Announcement::loadAllByLocation()
#5 /home/web/tmp_ips/system/Theme/SandboxedTemplate.php(61): IPS\Theme\class_core_front_global->announcementTop()
#6 /home/web/tmp_ips/system/Theme/Theme.php(880) : eval()'d code(16536): IPS\Theme\_SandboxedTemplate->__call()
#7 /home/web/tmp_ips/system/Theme/SandboxedTemplate.php(61): IPS\Theme\class_core_front_global->updateWarning()
#8 /home/web/tmp_ips/system/Theme/Theme.php(880) : eval()'d code(6612): IPS\Theme\_SandboxedTemplate->__call()
#9 /home/web/tmp_ips/system/Theme/SandboxedTemplate.php(61): IPS\Theme\class_core_front_global->globalTemplate()
#10 /home/web/tmp_ips/system/Output/Output.php(746): IPS\Theme\_SandboxedTemplate->__call()
#11 /home/web/tmp_ips/init.php(1070): IPS\_Output->error()
#12 [internal function]: IPS\IPS::exceptionHandler()
#13 {main}

5.) The URL of page the error occurred on was https://test.metin2.dev/robots.txt (Yes, again ah ah)

OutOfRangeException:  (0)
#0 /home/web/tmp_ips/system/Member/Member.php(780): IPS\Patterns\_ActiveRecord::load()
#1 /home/web/tmp_ips/system/Patterns/ActiveRecord.php(335): IPS\_Member->get_group()
#2 /home/web/tmp_ips/system/Dispatcher/Standard.php(87): IPS\Patterns\_ActiveRecord->__get()
#3 /home/web/tmp_ips/system/Dispatcher/Front.php(792): IPS\Dispatcher\_Standard::baseJs()
#4 /home/web/tmp_ips/system/Dispatcher/Front.php(82): IPS\Dispatcher\_Front::baseJs()
#5 /home/web/tmp_ips/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(110): IPS\Dispatcher\_Front->init()
#6 /home/web/tmp_ips/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher::i()
#7 {main}
#2 {main}

6.) The URL of page the error occurred on was https://test.metin2.dev/admin/?app=core&module=support&controller=systemLogs&sortby=time&sortdirection=desc&page=2&&listResort=1&csrfKey=XXX

TypeError: IPS\Helpers\Table\_Table::__toString(): Return value must be of type string, none returned in /home/web/tmp_ips/system/Helpers/Table/Table.php:580
Stack trace:
#0 /home/web/tmp_ips/system/Theme/Theme.php(880) : eval()'d code(318): IPS\Helpers\Table\_Table->__toString()
#1 /home/web/tmp_ips/system/Theme/SandboxedTemplate.php(61): IPS\Theme\class_core_admin_global->blankTemplate()
#2 /home/web/tmp_ips/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(168): IPS\Theme\_SandboxedTemplate->__call()
#3 /home/web/tmp_ips/system/Dispatcher/Standard.php(113): IPS\_Dispatcher->finish()
#4 /home/web/tmp_ips/init.php(927) : eval()'d code(19): IPS\Dispatcher\_Standard->finish()
#5 /home/web/tmp_ips/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(155): IPS\Dispatcher\nexus_hook_DispatcherAdmin->finish()
#6 /home/web/tmp_ips/admin/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#7 {main}
#0 /home/web/tmp_ips/system/Theme/SandboxedTemplate.php(71): IPS\_Log::log()
#1 /home/web/tmp_ips/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(168): IPS\Theme\_SandboxedTemplate->__call()
#2 /home/web/tmp_ips/system/Dispatcher/Standard.php(113): IPS\_Dispatcher->finish()
#3 /home/web/tmp_ips/init.php(927) : eval()'d code(19): IPS\Dispatcher\_Standard->finish()
#4 /home/web/tmp_ips/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(155): IPS\Dispatcher\nexus_hook_DispatcherAdmin->finish()
#5 /home/web/tmp_ips/admin/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#6 {main}

7.) Never 1 without 2 🤣

All actions are doubled (90% of the time). Publish a message, it will be published twice. Issue a warning, it will be issued twice. Exemple => https://test.metin2.dev/topic/1-welcome/

8.) Warning
Unable to issue a warning :

Could contain: Text, File

I hope I can help you 🙂

Sincerly,
ASIKOO

Sorry for double post, I can't edit my first post. 🤒

9.) Status Update - 404 Not Found ?

We can no longer see messages posted on members' profiles. It only appears once at the beginning, it visually disappears when the page is refreshed.

Could contain: Text, File

10.) If Two Factor Authentication is enabled => Can't login 

Indeed, once the double authentication is enabled, it's impossible to connect to the community. After validation of the connection form, the page refreshes without being connected and without asking for double authentication.

Sincerly,
ASIKOO

Is there something particular you're performing when accessing these pages? Unfortunately, I am not seeing these errors directly by accessing them.

#1 you likely are missing a file if you're still seeing this error so you'll want to upload all files from the Client Area again.

The rest of these look like they could be database related. Did you have any errors during install?

We would need to look further into this for you, however the access details on file appear to be incorrect or missing. Could you please update these details by visiting your client area, selecting the relevant purchase, then clicking "Review/Update Access Information" under the "Stored Access Information" section. 

We look forward to further assisting you. 

4 hours ago, Jim M said:

Is there something particular you're performing when accessing these pages? Unfortunately, I am not seeing these errors directly by accessing them.

#1 you likely are missing a file if you're still seeing this error so you'll want to upload all files from the Client Area again.

The rest of these look like they could be database related. Did you have any errors during install?

We would need to look further into this for you, however the access details on file appear to be incorrect or missing. Could you please update these details by visiting your client area, selecting the relevant purchase, then clicking "Review/Update Access Information" under the "Stored Access Information" section. 

We look forward to further assisting you. 

Thank you for your reply 🙂 

I updated the access credentials to FTP + ACP and, on your advice, I re-extracted the software (ips_a505a.tar archive on the FTP). The web server is set to user """ web """ and permissions """ 0777 """.

I'm not doing anything in particular to generate these errors, I'm just browsing the community and the admin panel. These errors do not seem to generate error messages in the administration panel or on the community, they are """ transparent """ but these errors are in the logs.

At first, I wanted to try a test forum on another domain that I don't use (to rule out issues with Cloudflare). In the end, I reinstalled a test forum on my main Invision community domain. There were 2 installations with 2 archives previously downloaded from the client area. I don't seem to have seen any errors during the two installations (or else I have the memory of a goldfish 😄).

Sincerly,
ASIKOO

Edited by ASIKOO

9 hours ago, Marc Stridgen said:

Sorry, from your statement there its not clear if you still have cloudflare running. If so, we need to ensure that is not enabled in order to continue 

Sorry, Cloudflare has been disabled for the subdomain (test.metin2.dev).
I also cleared the cache (IPS Software).

Thank you for disabling CloudFlare. 

Unfortunately, items 2, 7, and 9 are ones which I can reproduce.

For 7 & 9, as you're using NGINX with custom rewrite rules, I would suggest disabling these to see if this is creating any issues here or switch to using Apache. Unfortunately, NGINX is outside our scope of support.

For 2, it looks like PHP session handle is creating an issue here so this is a server issue rather than a software issue. 

22 hours ago, Jim M said:

Thank you for disabling CloudFlare. 

Unfortunately, items 2, 7, and 9 are ones which I can reproduce.

For 7 & 9, as you're using NGINX with custom rewrite rules, I would suggest disabling these to see if this is creating any issues here or switch to using Apache. Unfortunately, NGINX is outside our scope of support.

For 2, it looks like PHP session handle is creating an issue here so this is a server issue rather than a software issue. 

I understand, no problem. I have just completed the migration of my websites under Apache, including the test subdomain for IPS 4.7.0 Beta. After cleaning the cache after migration to Apache, the problems encountered are still present.

I took the opportunity to migrate the software to Beta 9, no apparent error during the upgrade. URL rewriting, even under apache is still active for the test domain, do you want me to disable it?

21 minutes ago, Jim M said:

Custom items are included in the .htaccess, please remove that. Also, your server permissions are all 777 for all folders/files which can create problems.  Please ensure all folders and files have proper permissions for your server.

Yes, 777 for test.. 🥺

• .htaccess => IPS Default
  • All files => 644
  • All folders => 755

It's ok for you ?

Edited by ASIKOO

38 minutes ago, Jim M said:

As this is just a test community, I would suggest performing a re-install as it looks like something did not go well on your previous install. 

It's reinstalled, no apparent anomaly during the installation.

• Clear Cache OK
  • Invision Support Account OK
  • No specific parameters changed (Except crons via Crontab)

I still detect some errors even with this new installation 😕 

Could contain: Text, File, Page
Could contain: Text

• Solution

Hi,

My problems are solved (for PHP errors & repeated actions).

Thanks to the ticket opened by Jim. Support told me not to reproduce the problems. He suspected a possible problem with the server configuration, in particular the PHP modules. With this lead, I was able to investigate enabled modules to disable unnecessary modules that the IPS software does not use. I didn't think a PHP module could be responsible. 😵

If anyone has a similar problem, here are my active PHP modules.

/etc/php/8.1/fpm/conf.d/10-mysqlnd.ini, /etc/php/8.1/fpm/conf.d/10-opcache.ini, /etc/php/8.1/fpm/conf.d/10-pdo.ini, /etc/php/8.1/fpm/conf.d/15-xml.ini, /etc/php/8.1/fpm/conf.d/20-calendar.ini, /etc/php/8.1/fpm/conf.d/20-ctype.ini, /etc/php/8.1/fpm/conf.d/20-curl.ini, /etc/php/8.1/fpm/conf.d/20-dom.ini, /etc/php/8.1/fpm/conf.d/20-exif.ini, /etc/php/8.1/fpm/conf.d/20-ffi.ini, /etc/php/8.1/fpm/conf.d/20-fileinfo.ini, /etc/php/8.1/fpm/conf.d/20-ftp.ini, /etc/php/8.1/fpm/conf.d/20-gd.ini, /etc/php/8.1/fpm/conf.d/20-gettext.ini, /etc/php/8.1/fpm/conf.d/20-gmp.ini, /etc/php/8.1/fpm/conf.d/20-iconv.ini, /etc/php/8.1/fpm/conf.d/20-mbstring.ini, /etc/php/8.1/fpm/conf.d/20-mysqli.ini, /etc/php/8.1/fpm/conf.d/20-pdo_mysql.ini, /etc/php/8.1/fpm/conf.d/20-phar.ini, /etc/php/8.1/fpm/conf.d/20-posix.ini, /etc/php/8.1/fpm/conf.d/20-readline.ini, /etc/php/8.1/fpm/conf.d/20-shmop.ini, /etc/php/8.1/fpm/conf.d/20-simplexml.ini, /etc/php/8.1/fpm/conf.d/20-sockets.ini, /etc/php/8.1/fpm/conf.d/20-sysvmsg.ini, /etc/php/8.1/fpm/conf.d/20-sysvsem.ini, /etc/php/8.1/fpm/conf.d/20-sysvshm.ini, /etc/php/8.1/fpm/conf.d/20-tokenizer.ini, /etc/php/8.1/fpm/conf.d/20-xmlreader.ini, /etc/php/8.1/fpm/conf.d/20-xmlwriter.ini, /etc/php/8.1/fpm/conf.d/20-xsl.ini, /etc/php/8.1/fpm/conf.d/20-zip.ini

Everything is working !

For 8 :

For 9 :

Sincerly,
ASIKOO

Edited by ASIKOO