Blacklist/Hide Content that contain certain words

Desperately need an application/plugin that allows my users to blacklist/hide content on the site if the content contains certain words that they've listed. Users will occasionally stumble upon triggering content, or will read something that potentially may be distressful on accident and I would like the option for them to add a list of words and if a post/topic/blog post/etc contains that word, the post will be invisible to them. 

If you can develop such a feature, I would pay you kindly for your brilliant service! 

@Nathan Explosion Awesome and I very much agree it would be an excellent feature! I had a discussion with several of my members and given that your application does so much already, I feel it could be implemented in several ways.

If the user has the ability to choose via their account settings which warnings they simply want a notice for, telling them it contains triggering content, and which warnings they don't want to see at all. I imagine it would list the warnings entered via the admin CP and next to them, contain a drop down with the options, "Just Warn" and "Hide content completely", at the user's discretion 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 6/6/2022 at 5:03 AM, Nathan Explosion said:

Quick check on this one - it informs me that you've got Forums & Blogs and potentially other applications ( = etc). Can you confirm the apps that you may be referring to here?

I am specifically referring to any content posted on the site, regardless of where it may be. Forums, blogs, clubs, topics, activity posts, galleries, files, etc.

Let's use the attached images as examples.

Example 1: This is a custom post type called Threads. Say, for example, a user has the word "Lorem" in their blacklist--this post would not show up on the activity stream. 

Example 2: Images were uploaded to member albums. There is a caption that says "Examples of graphics/promos/banners and other various designs I've done." If the user had the word "promos" in their blacklist, this post would not show up either. 

Could contain:

Could contain:

OK - so your use of the following might mean that I am out so I am going to need some clarification here...

6 hours ago, judahorion said:

this post would not show up on the activity stream. 

6 hours ago, judahorion said:

this post would not show up either. 

My reading of that is that you want the entire row to not be shown - nothing, it's entirely invisible.

My application is only going to hide the displayed content of the row - the title/author/date etc will still be displayed. I am not going to the level that I think you may be wanting here.

Furthermore - with my plannI can guarantee that content in Forums, Calendar and Pages will be hidden because those are the apps I use. I cannot guarantee that other apps will behave the same way - they should, as I'm hooking into a CORE area that is shared amongst the apps.

So, if your requirement is that the entrie row of the post/gallery album/entry etc is not displayed at all then I am out, sorry.

Edited by Nathan Explosion
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...