[Commerce] Support Department name

Just to note, I am after migration from IPB3 to IPB4.

When I go to nexus_support_departments I can see all my departments.

image.thumb.png.7fb74ccb65436fb93afeac7f86371ecd.png

The screenshot above has hidden unnecessary entries, just left one pre IPB4 department and one post IPB4 department. Do you see difference? the dpt_name for department created in IPB4 already is empty but it keeps displaying in ACP/Front normally. My question is then, where department name in IPB4 is stored normally?

EDIT:

I actually observe same behavior for stock_actions, the name of action does not save in database but actually keeps displaying. I guess the columns may be obsolete but then where the data saves?

Edited by PatrickRQ

Thanks for info. Too bad IPS did not drop obsolete columns upon upgrade. At beginning it may cause sort of confusion.

By the way, is there any official/custom plugin allowing to compare database structure against default? It would be useful of making database cleanups after migration.

Edited by PatrickRQ

6 minutes ago, PatrickRQ said:

Too bad IPS did not drop obsolete columns upon upgrade. At beginning it may cause sort of confusion.

It should, I guess… at least it’s expected. 

8 minutes ago, PatrickRQ said:

By the way, is there any official/custom plugin allowing to compare database structure against default? It would be useful of making database cleanups after migration.

I’m not aware. 

22 minutes ago, Adriano Faria said:

It’s a language so you can translate it according to your language. 

I actually determine one of my existing department exist under following key: nexus_department_1 but I can't locate it in current (default) language. The search tool does not find it.

3 minutes ago, PatrickRQ said:

I actually determine one of my existing department exist under following key: nexus_department_1 but I can't locate it in current (default) language. The search tool does not find it.

That’s right. It isn’t available in the language module on ACP so you can’t export it too due to obvious reasons: not everyone will have the same department’s structure of you.

Initially I wanted to know to be able to compare data, as I try to determine if one of issues I experience is your issue or result of messed data after migration from IPB3: 

The problem looks to be expecting some "stock action data" but it's not set and when there is no stock action, it defaults to showing a purchase list. But since you have no purchases, it fails. The error does not throw in front but rather silently in background, it is noticeable e in logs only.

This is why I started to check actions and department data in DB but actually all is right. Then @Adriano Faria interested me about ability to translate things directly in ACP, so I kept asking more questions 🙂

What reason is it you need to know where the item itself is saved?

Your question sounds like I was trying to do something prohibited 😄

Edited by PatrickRQ