Incompatible theme

Bumpkin.
Go to solution Solved by Jim M,

When I try to do the latest upgrade, I get the message that there is an incompatible theme. I tried looking over the things they said to look at, and I didn't even know what I was looking for. 

Forgive my ignorance. I really am not sure what I need to ask. But I do wonder what will happen if I just go ahead with the upgrade. Will it damage the forums? I have no idea what to do. 

Here is a screenshot of the message. 1298856471_ScreenShot2022-03-08at11_46_09AM.thumb.png.342da7f862c493acd1d613e09f7b2fff.png

Read the last line from your screenshot, starting with Tip:... 

5 minutes ago, Bumpkin. said:

Will it damage the forums?

Pretty sure yes. You have to revert the changes in Default theme on the template bit shown above before you proceed.

If you have a custom theme or edited the default theme, you can upgrade your website and then just make the changes on your theme looking at the codes difference on this page : https://invisioncommunity.com/index.php?app=core&module=system&controller=plugins&do=diff

OFF : I get the same attention message every time invision does some big changes to the template but everything works just fine, sometimes i'm to lazy to update the theme and i got no errors.

• Solution
34 minutes ago, igniteyourfeelings said:

If you have a custom theme or edited the default theme, you can upgrade your website and then just make the changes on your theme looking at the codes difference on this page : https://invisioncommunity.com/index.php?app=core&module=system&controller=plugins&do=diff

Correct as @igniteyourfeelings mentioned, you can upgrade your community the upgrade your theme using the tool above. Your community may be encounter errors which may bring it offline if the template changes are substantial, thus you may wish to set an unmodified theme while you work (or use a test instance). It will not, by itself, cause any harm to data, etc...

34 minutes ago, igniteyourfeelings said:

OFF : I get the same attention message every time invision does some big changes to the template but everything works just fine, sometimes i'm to lazy to update the theme and i got no errors.

The warning there is simply checking to see if it is modified (we have no way of telling pre-upgrade if it will break or not). If you modify templates, it is completely on the owner to ensure a smooth upgrade process, hence the warning on any change to the template 🙂 .

I took Sonya's advice and did the revert thing. Then I went ahead with the upgrade, at which time, I got a message about a configuration error (something like that) and it told me to try again. 

I tried again. This time the compatibility warning was gone. It worked fine and all is well. 

13 hours ago, Bumpkin. said:

I took Sonya's advice and did the revert thing. Then I went ahead with the upgrade, at which time, I got a message about a configuration error (something like that) and it told me to try again. 

I tried again. This time the compatibility warning was gone. It worked fine and all is well. 

Glad to hear it. 🙂 Please let us know if you do have any problems of course