Can I Change the Order in Which Posts Show in a Forum?

Go to solution Solved by Jim M,

Hi Everyone, 

One of my forums is devoted to providing Helpful Tips on using aspects of my membership site. Typically I include short videos/screencasts that members can refer to as they use different features of my membership, etc. Said differently, each post is devoted to a short-topic. 

Originally, I didn't posts these resources in any specific order.  However, I want them to now show in the order which I recommend that members view  the videos (e.g. Lesson 1, Lesson 2, etc).

What is the easiest way for me to reorder these lessons in my desired sequence--so where lesson one shows as the first post in that forum, then 2, 3, 4, etc?

I know there are plugins where I can change the post date so they show in the order I wish, but was wondering if there was an easier way. 

Many thanks in advance for your help!

• Solution

The following are the ways possible to sort all topics in a forum. You can also pin topics to the top of your forum but these would also honor the ways which you have sorted topics in this setting.

image.png

I'm afraid, there is not really a feature to say I want these sporadically added topics to now be ordered in x and the rest of forum be in y that you're after here.

@Randy Calvert and @Jim M- first off, many thanks to the both of you for your quick responses! Secondly, thanks for pointing me to the options on default post order.

I will consider that and will also look into the plugin that allows me to change the original post date. Changing the post date in the needed order and then pinning those posts might work as well. Regardless, you've given what I need to determine the best path forwards. Thanks again!