Stop non-approved members from purchasing subscription

Dazz

My site uses subscriptions.  It also requires member accounts to be approved.  However, I'm seeing people purchase subs without having an approved account.  How do you stop non-approved members (members pending approval) from purchasing subscriptions?

Thanks

15 hours ago, Jim M said:

If you utilize the standard validation periods they would not be able to utilize the site till they have been validated (email or admin). Unless you are "approving" accounts in some other manner.

I do have an addon installed that detects where user is registering from and based on the country it will flag the account for manual approval. The account is NOT approved.

approve_ban.png.0cd43406de8b123fddaaccb649d7f0da.png

new_reg.png.d42063f218317ab11d6b1fd4e2bdb492.png

User was able to purchase a subscription.
group_change.png.3594fa6394aeb4a12f573b9ecb59827b.png

I approved the account after several hours after the subscription purchased. The user notified me via Facebook, said they purchased a sub, and asked if I could approve their account.
acct_approved.png.4789be32ac6e353749a4a7dbf5ac5089.png

In this case; I don't think it's the addon as the addon kept the registration from being approved.

44 minutes ago, Dazz said:

I do have an addon installed that detects where user is registering from and based on the country it will flag the account for manual approval. The account is NOT approved.

If you're using an add-on to do something the software does not do natively and change the validation process, it could entirely be the add-on. I would suggest performing this with and without the add-on disabled to see if you can reproduce it. If you can with the add-on disabled, we will need to access your community to see examples and investigate further.

52 minutes ago, Jim M said:

If you're using an add-on to do something the software does not do natively and change the validation process, it could entirely be the add-on. I would suggest performing this with and without the add-on disabled to see if you can reproduce it. If you can with the add-on disabled, we will need to access your community to see examples and investigate further.

Thanks, I'll look into it more.

Is there not any permissions to keep non-members from viewing the store/subscriptions?  I can't seem to find them anywhere.  I did change permissions to hide the menu item and any blocks from guests, but if they have the link they can go to the subscription page.