Achievements Management

Hi all, i'm finally getting so close to turning it on to be able to use it after making tons of badges and rules to hopefully make it an easier load on myself 😅

Many badges I have set up won't have rules however, due to either the function not having a rule available to hook on to and some being connected to outside of the websites functions. When giving them out manually, how do I do the following?

Allow Moderators to help me by giving out Badges?

Allow Moderators to help me by giving out Points?

Create a Feed for the latest Badges Received?

Any help is greatly appreciated. I always feel if you can hit the ground running with an awesome new feature/function, then it has the best chance of longevity. I just don't want to miss a trick by not being set up in the right way and being overwhelmed to do this by myself alongside other life's pressures like work and family life. 😅

Cheers in advance all!

Thanks @Marc Stridgen, really appreciate the quick response 😄

One more question if I may - when we get ready for the next batch of Badges and Rules to roll out, I know I can 'reconstruct the Achievements so it can check and award them the new ones if they've already achieved the criteria, however does that mean all badges would wipe at all, including manual ones? I'm hoping whatever they have received based on the rules already written, they get to keep them as that is the most logical process.

On 2/16/2022 at 4:04 PM, Marc Stridgen said:

They would all be wiped and rebuilt based on your new rules if you choose to rebuild achievements

Thanks for clarifying Marc.

I'm ready but luckily, one extra core feature (Quizzes by Adriano) is being updated as we speak to incorporate Achievements. Should I wait or can I release my entire rule set and then set these up afterwards? If set up after I have gone live will it only award people moving forward i.e. '1st Quiz completed', etc or will it back date as soon as i make it live?

The idea of awarding manual badges and then having them removed worries me a little as it wouldn't be a good start!

I also assume that the 'rebuild' option becomes available once I make the Achievements live?

Thanks in advance all! 😄

6 minutes ago, Marc Stridgen said:

Manually assigned items would not be included ina rebuild, so you dont need to worry about those

Great news! That makes my anxiety drift away!

6 minutes ago, Marc Stridgen said:

You would need to ask the author whether those would be included.

Sorry, probably wasn't clear enough. I'll be able to build new rules, like with anything live right now. My point was if i make the overall Achievements live and then set up new rules the following day, would it retrospectively go back and check all data if they are rules set up for the first time?

10 minutes ago, GazzaGarratt said:

Sorry, probably wasn't clear enough. I'll be able to build new rules, like with anything live right now. My point was if i make the overall Achievements live and then set up new rules the following day, would it retrospectively go back and check all data if they are rules set up for the first time?

No, you would need to rebuild in order to take account from prior items. Unless you rebuild it will only count things that are added from that point on

1 hour ago, GazzaGarratt said:

Great stuff, thanks for the continued help @Marc Stridgen! 😄

I really think some good FAQs on the new Achievements system covering Rules, Ranks and Badges would go down a storm. Definitely will help more people using one of the brighter newer features here. Happy to help when I've experienced a lot more too!

Ive actually added some notes to add to this one. Thank you for your feedback 🙂