IPS ACP > Admin Notifications > Errroneous Notifications

Go to solution Solved by Jim M,

We have two persistent Admin notifications that we cannot clear (see attached image), despite the fact that all of these functions are absolutely disabled in our php.ini file. My Developer says that this is a commonly-known issue with the IPS platform, but while it's certainly not the "end of the world", it is annoying to have false errors displayed, and tends to diminish the perceived importance of any real errors that might crop up. Is there any way to clear these?

IPS-Erroneous-Admin-Notifications.jpg

• Solution
31 minutes ago, Mote Marketing, Inc. said:

We have two persistent Admin notifications that we cannot clear (see attached image), despite the fact that all of these functions are absolutely disabled in our php.ini file. My Developer says that this is a commonly-known issue with the IPS platform, but while it's certainly not the "end of the world", it is annoying to have false errors displayed, and tends to diminish the perceived importance of any real errors that might crop up. Is there any way to clear these?

IPS-Erroneous-Admin-Notifications.jpg

That would indicate that the functions may be disabled in your installation's root directory but are not disabled in sub-directories or serer-wide. This is not in error as described as we are merely reading directly from PHP.

One thing for you to be aware of...  it's possible to have multiple versions of PHP installed on a server, each with their own php.ini.  It's possible your developer made a change to the PHP.ini file, but the question was it the RIGHT one.  

If you check your ACP's support section, there is a section for phpinfo which will show a lot of environmental data:

www.yourdomain.com/admin/?app=core&module=support&controller=phpinfo

In this case, look at "Loaded Configuration File".  That's the version being used by your instance.  

You can also create a test PHP script that will output what your server is reporting as disabled...

Create a file (like test.php) with the following contents:

<?php
        echo ini_get('disable_functions');
?>

The output should list all of the disabled modules and should look something like:

exec, system, passthru, popen, proc_open, shell_exec

23 hours ago, Mote Marketing, Inc. said:

My Developer says that this is a commonly-known issue with the IPS platform

Its easily fixed on a VPS or Dedicated server, not so easy on shared especially if the hosts are useless....... So if your developers any good it a simple fix in most cases.

Disable PHP functions and turn off error reporting.....

On 2/15/2022 at 1:25 PM, Mote Marketing, Inc. said:

My Developer says that this is a commonly-known issue with the IPS platform

As someone who has run servers for years, I've not once had this problem.  Again...  IPS only reports what it sees reported back to it.  Use the tests I gave above.  I'll bet you'll find either it's not really disabled, or it's disabled in a different version of PHP than what your IPB instance is actually using.