Database error in Log after upgrade to 4.6.10

Go to solution Solved by Marc Stridgen,

Hi there,

we see the following error in our System Log section after upgrading our testbed apparently flawless from 4.6.9 to 4.6.10:

app=core&module=languages&controller=languages&do=import&file=(...))/tmp/IPSVN4akE&key=6fe65b01f964a236bab92006fefeaa5d&locale=en_US&csrfKey=210778e753e68b9e4fddf39d5afc3cf3&mr=0&_mrReset=1

IPS\Db\Exception::1048

INSERT INTO `ipb_core_sys_lang` ( `lang_short`, `lang_title`, `lang_isrtl`, `lang_order`, `lang_version`, `lang_version_long`, `lang_author_name`, `lang_author_url`, `lang_update_url`, `lang_marketplace_id` ) VALUES ( 'en_US.UTF-8', NULL, NULL, 4, NULL, NULL, NULL, NULL, NULL, NULL )
Column 'lang_title' cannot be null

The error was logged four times, here's the backtrace:

#0 (...)/system/Db/Db.php(938): IPS\_Db->preparedQuery()
#1 (...)/applications/core/modules/admin/languages/languages.php(972): IPS\_Db->insert()
#2 (...)/system/Helpers/MultipleRedirect/MultipleRedirect.php(93): IPS\core\modules\admin\languages\_languages->IPS\core\modules\admin\languages\{closure}()
#3 (...)/applications/core/modules/admin/languages/languages.php(1062): IPS\Helpers\_MultipleRedirect->__construct()
#4 (...)/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(90): IPS\core\modules\admin\languages\_languages->import()
#5 (...)/system/Node/Controller.php(69): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#6 (...)/applications/core/modules/admin/languages/languages.php(53): IPS\Node\_Controller->execute()
#7 (...)/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(153): IPS\core\modules\admin\languages\_languages->execute()
#8 (...)/suadm/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#9 {main}

Is this a know error... did anyone experience the same error?

I read from a.m. error that the default language file for US English wasn't imported, fixing this would mean to just add one by creating a new stock default language - right?

Thanks,
Thomas

Edited by Thomas P

I personally didn't get any errors when upgrading. But based on previous experience with upgrading errors, I just manually downloaded the entire IPS files, uploaded them via FTP, and re-installed the upgrade to get it to work.

And if all else fails, restore the site from a backup.

As far as the default language, you can always make a new English (USA) and delete your old English (USA)... but I did that once and ended up having to translate my entire site to English because the forums, terms, titles, etc. pretty much everything that was in English attached to that language pack that got messed up. 😬

• 1 month later...

That's not a modus operandi we follow. We test in our test environment first and iron out all bugs, after that we do changes in production. 
Never vice versa.

After waiting some weeks, which is generally speaking a good idea, the upgrade went smooth in booth environments.

Thanks for you offer to help though, appreciated it.

Edited by Thomas P

3 hours ago, Thomas P said:

That's not a modus operandi we follow. We test in our test environment first and iron out all bugs, after that we do changes in production. 
Never vice versa.

After waiting some weeks, which is generally speaking a good idea, the upgrade went smooth in booth environments.

Thanks for you offer to help though, appreciated it.

Completely understand there, and if its something which is stopping you upgrading we would of course take a look beforehand. When its something like that which is not really causing you any issues, we would generally ask you to update first of all. Glad to see you are now there though 🙂