Disable PHP Functions Via htaccess?

I cannot edit php functions on this host via php.ini file. They are telling me i need to disable functions via htaccess.

i tried using php_admin_value disable_functions "all functions here"
but it threw an error on my community. to be clear i didnt anchor it in some tags <> i just put the command in the htaccess file.

1 hour ago, Randy Calvert said:

Try not quoting all functions here.

php_value disable_functions exec,passthru,shell_exec,system

do i have to put it inside <> i notice in access file there is always something like 

<directory/dir>

</directory>

You should not need a directory path.  Now...  it's important to remember...  this call cannot REMOVE a value that is disabled at the server level.  For example....

If the server disables module1, module2, and module3...  You cannot use a custom value of just module1, module2 so that module3 is enabled.  module3 would remain disabled.  The directive is designed to ADD additional modules to the deny list, not remove them from it.  🙂

6 hours ago, Randy Calvert said:

You should not need a directory path.  Now...  it's important to remember...  this call cannot REMOVE a value that is disabled at the server level.  For example....

If the server disables module1, module2, and module3...  You cannot use a custom value of just module1, module2 so that module3 is enabled.  module3 would remain disabled.  The directive is designed to ADD additional modules to the deny list, not remove them from it.  🙂

Im sorry im very ignorant when you use all these smart words. I just don't understand haha. 

I am using the .htaccess file invision provided for friendly urls.

So does this look correct?

i seem to still have the errors in my admin panel 😪

spacer.png