Validating members?

I have a group set up under Member> Groups called "Validating" which I have certain permissions set so they can't post etc. Whenever a new registration comes in it always goes into the "Members" group but I need them to go into the "Validating" group until they have been manually validated and at that time they would then be in the "Members" group? Is this possible?

There is a tab in the ACP> Members that says "Validating" and the new registration are actually in there and in the "All" also.

Basically I just want it so that any validating members can not post until approved by an admin

Thanks

Edited by Genestoy

Yes, I have mine the same way. This appears to have been a bug for a very long time. I found posts here from back in 2017 with the same issue that validating members are able to post on the forums BEFORE they have been approved manually by an admin. I have the same problem and apparently the issue has never been resolved. Validating members should have no more posting rights than a guest until approved!

Thanks

Edited by Genestoy

9 hours ago, Genestoy said:

Yes, I have mine the same way. This appears to have been a bug for a very long time. I found posts here from back in 2017 with the same issue that validating members are able to post on the forums BEFORE they have been approved manually by an admin. I have the same problem and apparently the issue has never been resolved. Validating members should have no more posting rights than a guest until approved!

Thanks

Do you allow external log ins such as Facebook?  I do not believe those are validated.  One of the reasons I turned all of the off.

I would need some examples of this happening on your site in order to investigate. I have created a ticket for you so that we can go through in more detail to see what is happening. Please respond to the email notification of this with some members and example posts where they are not yet validated. This isnt something that should be happening, and I have not seen happening elsewhere