Database relations fields to plugins and apps

Jimi Wikman

At the moment, you can only set up database relations between Pages databases.

I assume this is because Pages databases has a certain architecture that allow for this connection and that is why we can not connect to plugins and apps.

This however creates a silo structure where Pages content is separate from other content, which for me at least, make it less appealing to add plugins and applications since I can not cross-reference them using the database relation.

So if there is a way to break down that silo and allow database relations with all data, then that would be awesome 🙂

1 hour ago, Jimi Wikman said:

So if there is a way to break down that silo and allow database relations with all data, then that would be awesome 🙂

I have added a custom field "Node" (see system/Helpers/Form/Node.php) to the types of custom fields in database, where every content node within IPS can be referenced. It works, it is just a small plugin that extends field types of Pages. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/16/2021 at 1:40 PM, Sonya* said:

I have added a custom field "Node" (see system/Helpers/Form/Node.php) to the types of custom fields in database, where every content node within IPS can be referenced. It works, it is just a small plugin that extends field types of Pages. 

Any chance to turn this into a Marketplace product?

I have an upcoming project where I would need to link Gallery albums from Pages records and use the data there for a little image gallery. Would that work with this approach? There was even once a product for that, but the developer left.