Create a nickname for users instead of their display name

Go to solution Solved by Jim M,

I have a set up where the members profile name is created after the members CC card is charged, so basically it takes the name from checkout and that name is then created as a record in a CRM.

The Wordpress site and Power Board also use an SSO for sign on, so the user can sign on to the membership site and then go ono the forum without having to sign back in again.

I know there is a way where users can change their display name, but that seems to be an issue as the name is tied to a CRM record and it will then make the users go back to the membership site and it causes a lot of confusion to members.

Is there a way where the user can add a nickname instead and use that? I don’t see any options or add ons so I was wondering if it was possible to do.

• Solution

The display name is the "name" in our software which is given to a user. I'm afraid, we do not offer any other identification like what you're asking here. I would simply disable the display name change for the group if this is causing confusion as it sounds like from your setup.