Invision Commerce Presale Question

Sorry if this is the wrong area. I couldn't find a presale question subforum. Is there an index of Invision websites? In particular, websites that use Invision Commerce for web storefronts? I'm going to be launching an ecommerce site and would love to see examples of what Invision Commerce is capable of. I'm worried it might be a bit too simple for my needs but I love Invision in general so I'm hoping I'm just mistaken. Thank you.

You might try searching google for "Store" and "Powered by Invision Community".

We've used Commerce (Nexus) for almost a decade with great success:

https://www.trifectaperformance.com/

Our use case might be considered a "simple" implementation, but given Commerce runs on IC's framework, the sky is the limit if some functionality that doesn't exist is needed.

21 hours ago, IPCommerceFan said:

You might try searching google for "Store" and "Powered by Invision Community".

We've used Commerce (Nexus) for almost a decade with great success:

https://www.trifectaperformance.com/

Our use case might be considered a "simple" implementation, but given Commerce runs on IC's framework, the sky is the limit if some functionality that doesn't exist is needed.

Thank you. I searched as you suggested and was surprised by how many results were empty stores. The vast majority weren't being used at all. I found a few that were actually in use but didn't have much.

I did find one that had a few articles of clothing with different colors and sizes but surprisingly, when you chose a size or color, the thumbnail pictures didn't change to match. Do you know if this can be accomplished?

Yeah same results here, though I have to assume most probably pay to remove the "Powered by Invision Community" line if they're selling products.

There is no built-in functionality which would call up a specific picture based on form selections.

There is functionality which can change stock level or price depending on which options are selected on the form, though, so a developer could likely look at how this works and apply the same logic to which image is displayed, of the uploaded package images.

e.g.:

The form:

image.png.f4e931c16b022839e5c2f57b5c05a319.png

The package:

image.thumb.png.30cdb1e5944464f3e26ae2433fde3d49.png

This is what a developer could probably accomplish:

image.png.b6440a4cf153c30c981569c78c9e5562.png
mockup

Where the dropdown options are sourced from here:

image.thumb.png.827abfe93809b83e59067ffc2f1ae6c9.png

Ultimately I feel this should be a built-in functionality since you see it everywhere, but the fact it can be willed into existence with some code is at least a benefit of using this platform.  I explored Shopify and BigCommerce a few years ago, but ultimately came back to Commerce due to its flexibility for our use case, and the integrated support ticket system.

Edited by IPCommerceFan

Thank you very much for your thorough replies.

Yeah, it's pretty surprising that it doesn't have thumbnail changing built in depending on your option choices. It is pretty standard practically everywhere now. And super important for certain types of products.

Hopefully someone can come up with an easy modification for this. I can't imagine that people who sell clothing for example, can be happy about thumbnails not changing based on color choices or design variations.

I'm not sure if this will fit my needs unfortunately. It really may infact just be too basic. This one functionality alone is very important for how I'd be using it.

We're selling collectables of varying condition. People need to be able to select the quality grading available, and then see actual photos of the product. We can't have 30 different listings for the same product just to get around this limitation. Not only is it logistically unfeasible, and a headache for customer navigation, it's gotta be really bad on SEO.