commerce subscriptions

Go to solution Solved by Marc Stridgen,

Sure. Let's say I have a $100/mo product (subscription) but I want to offer a recurring 20% discount via a coupon. It seems that when I apply the coupon during purchase, it applies the 20% discount to the initial $100 payment, but not to the future payments so that the discount covers the life of the subscription.

Here's an example. I created a 100% off coupon. It applies the coupon to the initial purchase but not to the renewal. How can I have a discount that applies for the length of the subscription (until the member cancels the paid membership)?

image.png.7529bf45aff4deef7ebc0a6dd004de27.png

Edited by David Sims

Coupons can't be used for Subscriptions, coupons can only be used with Products.

For a Product, please check the Coupon settings, it should be as below:

image.png

and note that you must define which Products it can be used for (it can't be set to "no restrictions", or the setting following it won't appear).

Then the setting "Can be used for renewals (etc)" will display, which you need to enable as above.

I actually have it setup that way now.

image.png.eb40ca05e31134384c52f0df78a25229.png

Does it only apply if the renewal is manually done by the member? If it automatically renews, does the discount apply and maybe it just doesn't show during the original shopping cart process?

Edited by David Sims

• Solution

This is actually working as intended at present. A coupon is intended as a "used this time" item. So used in a single transaction. In this case, you are applying it to the initial purchase. Checking that it can be used for renewals means they could use the coupon code at checkout when they are paying for a renewal (that specific renewal). For something whereby you wish to allow a set group of people to receive a discounted rate going forward, you would use groups and apply a discount for the product to that group.