Add Moderators To Support Requests

Go to solution Solved by Mark H,

So, I've looked here and I've been through all settings. Is there a way to add moderators to support requests? As it is now when I create a new department I can only add administrators to Staff Permissions... Or is there a work around like adding limited users to the Admin role (which I rather not do)?

So basically I can make a new user group called Support Staff and add members to that group and then also give those specific members restricted access to the Admin CP? Or do I have to give the member restricted admin access?

Edited by Sirmadsen

8 minutes ago, Sirmadsen said:

So basically I can make a new user group called Support Staff and add members to that group and then also give those specific members restricted access to the Admin CP? Or do I have to give the member restricted admin access?

Think I solved it. Basically add a member as admin and then give them only access to the support system. They still keep all permissions from their primary user group they have.

• Solution

What you describe will work, though unless you have a need for individual permissions, it's most easily done on a per-Group basis rather than a per-Member basis.

(And yes, with this method you will be granting them specific permissions to the ACP, not the ACP as a whole.)

Create a new Group, named however you wish, then grant that Group restricted ACP permissions on the ACP -> Members -> Staff, Administrators page.

Everyone in that Group would have the permissions you grant. 

You can do it the other way, on an individual member account basis, but that's more administrative work.

10 minutes ago, Mark H said:

What you describe will work, though unless you have a need for individual permissions, it's most easily done on a per-Group basis rather than a per-Member basis.

(And yes, with this method you will be granting them specific permissions to the ACP, not the ACP as a whole.)

Create a new Group, named however you wish, then grant that Group restricted ACP permissions on the ACP -> Members -> Staff, Administrators page.

Everyone in that Group would have the permissions you grant. 

You can do it the other way, on an individual member account basis, but that's more administrative work.

Done, done aaaand done! This worked perfectly! Thanks, both of you!