Multiple owners or authors of a topic

Hi, by now there any guide to add more than one authors to a topic?

I use a topic as support  thread for the student homework, I need add members (dad, mom and student) as authors of that topic, then they can see and interact with staff related homeworks or students issues.

10 minutes ago, kmk said:

Hi, by now there any guide to add more than one authors to a topic?

I use a topic as support  thread for the student homework, I need add members (dad, mom and student) as authors of that topic, then they can see and interact with staff related homeworks or students issues.

There is no such option built in Ipb a.f.a.i.k. You will need a custom app to be able to do that.

On 5/20/2021 at 4:04 PM, Adriano Faria said:

That is not simple and a custom won't do that properly. It would require a change in the Core.

Do you mean just custom plugin can do it or no app and plugin can do it? 🤔 

It depends on what you want. If you want just to show other members collaborating with the topic author, then a quick plugin will handle it. Bear in mind that the “official” author for the topic will be the real topic creator; no mention to the collaborators in the whole suite. 

If you really want to make a topic have multiple authors, then a change in Core is required. Only that way it will show in user profile that the user is also the creator of a topic, will increase content count, show in search results, etc.

I have a forum with "Users can see topics posted by other users?"  disable, so the topic will only available between the author and staff. What I was thinking is if there let me add more authors (others members) to that topic, then that topic will be available for all authors and the staff.