My only issue with new support

I am sincerely sorry to hear you are experiencing some traumatic and alarming issues with your community. Not being able to log into your online community is very upsetting and worrying—Especially for your members who no doubt have no clue what is going on.   I honestly hope you can resolve that issue ASAP.

I want to first agree with you that it is indeed a concerning issue and should be addressed with some sense of urgency over, for example, someone asking how to change their site's logo.

But where I'm afraid I have to disagree with your feedback is the knowledge that when consumers are allowed to self-rank their level for needed support, they often incorrectly label themselves as a high priority.  It is not necessarily done out of malice but instead based upon the personal perspective of how important something is to themself. As a result, important issues, such as the one you are currently experiencing, end up hidden (buried) among other self-proclaimed essential matters.  Thus, the ranking system loses all meaning.

I am speaking as someone who has worked within customer service and human resource management for over twenty-five years. The reality is, when the consumer is allowed to decide their own priority level, it starts as a useful tool but quickly degrades and loses all meaning.

1 hour ago, Linux-Is-Best said:

But where I'm afraid I have to disagree with your feedback is the knowledge that when consumers are allowed to self-rank their level for needed support, they often incorrectly label themselves as a high priority.

I’ll agree and disagree here. While an end users send of urgency may not coincide with the companies sense of urgency it’s important to let the end user express what they think the urgency level is. In logo persons case that may be of the highest importance but at the company level maybe not so much? Whereas the fact that no one, not admins, not users can login (and for all I know they also can’t register) that is of high importance. At this point I’m still at the back of the queue with no end in sight for said issue.

I have never slighted IPS support for its quickness because it is fast but not having the ability to put its true urgency in as a visual thing to at least get eyes on it quicker even if it’s sluffed off as “that’s not a site down issue” kind of irks me.

Edit: To be clear I’ve worked in tech support for over 25 years myself. I understand what is an emergency to an end user isn’t always an emergency. But that’s for the company to decide after I put in an alarming ticket. Not the other way around. By saying people shouldn’t put in tickets in this way is to say “you’re going to get robbed... why did you even call the police?”

Edited by Morrigan