Revenue sharing with members?

So one thing we're working on currently is to build revenue sharing features into our website. Google Ads allow for revenue sharing with members, but requires a lengthy application process to acquire the Google Ads Host API which we're currently in the process of doing.

I'm wondering if there is any interest from the IPS team to natively implement the ability to track and share revenue from advertisements with members using the commerce system? Perhaps there is another solution for this that I haven't encountered yet?

15 hours ago, Bluedrake42 said:

So one thing we're working on currently is to build revenue sharing features into our website. Google Ads allow for revenue sharing with members, but requires a lengthy application process to acquire the Google Ads Host API which we're currently in the process of doing.

I'm wondering if there is any interest from the IPS team to natively implement the ability to track and share revenue from advertisements with members using the commerce system? Perhaps there is another solution for this that I haven't encountered yet?

This is an idea I have also been thinking about. It reminds me of Medium's business model which I find awesome. It's subscription only ($5 per month). Any time someone reads a content item you post, you receive a cut of their monthly subscription. 

Can you please go in deeper as to what you mean / looking for?

I mean I'll be pretty straight forward.

https://teardownmods.com/

I run this site that allows users to upload modifications for a game called Teardown.

We run ads on the site using Google Ads.

It would be awesome if there was some native functionality where users could get account credit from page views, or possibly even account credit directly from Google Ads analytics regarding the monetization performance of their page. Things like this is what takes websites from being just a normal web page, into a full blown self-perpetuating economy.

Edit:

We were looking at doing something integrated with the Member Shop plugin from the marketplace, but I think I'd rather wait for a cleaner implementation.

Edited by Bluedrake42