Images

What happens? Does it stay as a textual link but not a hyperlink? Do you see an error at the bottom that says the URL couldn't be embedded? Do you have any errors in your system log (use the AdminCP live search to look for "System logs" and then view them) when you try?

Hi friend

1. I added images as files on here to give examples of the images problem. 

2. I post a YouTube link In a post and the video works automatically and embeds just fine... Problem afterwards is the post doesn't save at all. I checked the system logs and no errors to report? 

Screenshot_20210104_183701_com.android.chrome.thumb.jpg.1aa8c75da9a27e118cb1deb8af0724c2.jpg

Yes 

Screenshot_20210104_183609.jpg

Edited by SEO Guru

4 hours ago, bfarber said:

The pin.it URL you supplied redirects to a pinterest page - it is NOT a direct link to an image file. When you use "Insert image from URL" you should be linking directly to an image file, not a page that has an image embedded on it.

That's a fair point I may of given the wrong image location, seems whatever site as a test though no image comes out? Never had this issue before with forums, seems weird. Can't even post just now either with a YouTube link tried everything emailed support but nothing yet. If this can't be resolved I will ask for a refund 

Sorry for late response guys. I got the host to remove the mod_security which enabled me to now embed and post videos without any issues, so thanks for that.

The last remaining issue is it appears I can't post or embed images when a topic is being created? 

Edited by SEO Guru

OK I can see the issue with regards to the images. It's the mobile browser since Huawei parted ways with Google.... the chrome android browser hasn't been updated for awhile as its restricted in Google play. I've only tested all this on my mobile instead of laptop, otherwise I would of managed to post images sooner. 

Tested on another browser and it's lightening fast for posting images.

The software so far is very impressive, more so than when I had vbulletin and mybb. Glad I'm using IPB! 

Edited by SEO Guru