Forum nav bar not displaying correctly after update

Hi guys,

Have just updated to 4.5.3 and noticed that even using default theme, the navbar shows all the sublinks in the line below. It didn't do this before, and doesn't appear to in this invision community forum either? Is there an issue with my forums template? Is the same whether in grid view or normal.

471709124_screenshotnavbar.png.5af41a7f7f0a2dfeacd810332f831c43.png

Also noticed that the forums  display the subforums too, which makes it look very messy. Anyway to fix these two issues?

screenshot1.png.97199fa0e5a2776dc2898d44008aef23.png

Thanks

Dave

Edited by crazzzydave

Ok, I've sorted the navbar! Still got the issue of the sub menus being displayed like they are though so would still like to hide them if possible. I did have css code that was for this in my custom css before updating the forum to last one but guess this doesn't work with this version? Code is have is this

.cForumRow .ipsGrid h4,
.cForumRow .ipsGrid .ipsList_inline {
  display: none;
}

Will this work with version 4.5.3?

30 minutes ago, crazzzydave said:

Still got the issue of the sub menus being displayed like they are though

Just to clarify, do you want to hide the subforums or the submenus? Could you maybe upload a screenshot with what you want to hide marked?

With submenu I'm referring to the "Forums Classifieds Gallery etc." part in your first screenshots, the dark grey submenu/subnavigation. What you want to hide is called subforums.

Anyways, the following code should work:

.cForumGrid__description h4,
.cForumGrid__description .ipsList_inline {
}

15 minutes ago, Runar said:

With submenu I'm referring to the "Forums Classifieds Gallery etc." part in your first screenshots, the dark grey submenu/subnavigation. What you want to hide is called subforums.

Anyways, the following code should work:

.cForumGrid__description h4,
.cForumGrid__description .ipsList_inline {
}

Bingo! That's perfect mate! Thank you!.....now if you can just fix the theme easy editor in my other post we'll be all fixed! lol 😀

I have similar issue. Looking to make only minor tweaks to our site on the surface.

First thing I noticed when doing a conversion on the test site was that the main menu is now solid color and I cant figure out where to change it. On our current site the main menu is transparent unless you hover over the heading when it changes to the secondary color and more or less points you to the sub-menu. Its more aesthetically pleasing IMHO. 

I played around with the theme settings and can remove the red block using the main theme editor but then its just background color and of course text is white so invisible. The background header image also stops abruptly and doesn't extend down as it does now. If I use the custom CSS in the previous site all that happens is I get a blue block instead of red, not the blue block on hover and transparent elsewhere. 

CSS is not my strong point so suggestions/help appreciated. 

2020-10-08_18-28-39.jpg