Help with verification?

fourday

- - >  I'm Trying to verify my domain for Google's G suite.   Google wants me to  upload an html file they gave me to verify I own the site.

Sounds easy, but I have the cloud version and pretty much don't see how to do this in the interface.  I can add graphics, content, databases, etc, etc.  But how do upload an html file?

I've built the entire site/community using the built in wysiwyg tools, yet I don't know code or apparently some basics. 

Thanks

will trade someone for graphics help. 🙂

Edited by fourday

17 hours ago, Jim M said:

Can use the following guide as a base, just need to grab the contents of the file Google gave you and name the page the same as the file theyve provided you.

https://invisioncommunity.com/4guides/suite-applications/pages/tips-tricks_361/creating-a-robotstxt-or-adstxt-file-r318/

Thank you.  For whatever reason, it's not working.   I was able to create a new page, name it the file name provided by Google, turned off wrapper, pasted the provided html file content, enabled permissions for all to see....  but Google is unable to verify.    Will keep working. 

16 hours ago, Paul E. said:

You should also have the option to make DNS entries instead. I'd recommend doing it this way. https://support.google.com/a/topic/1409901

I'm kind of stuck (or am I?).   Bought domain through google, but with cloud version Invision set up to their name servers.  

But when I log into google domains... it says this: 

"It looks like you've changed your name servers. All settings for your domain (including website, email, synthetic records and resource records) are currently disabled. To enable these settings, you will need to restore the Google Domains name servers."

ugh

Edited by fourday

I'm sorry, I'm not familiar with what tools IPS offers cloud customers for maintaining DNS entries. You'll need to make the edit with whoever runs your domain's nameservers, and if you're seeing that message, it's not Google. While you may have purchased your domain through Google, you probably have custom nameservers setup.

If IPS doesn't offer control of your nameservers if they are maintaining them, then you could move them back to Google with IPS' assistance on the necessary A/CNAME records used to enable CIC.